Got teh Termi on teh road!

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Finnaly :fuss:

Anyway my new tire showed up today and man for $97 it was a deal and a half. Cant have more than a couple thousand miles on it :nice: My Cobra badge also showed up :banana: So I figured I would finish the brackets for the lower spoiler and attatch them. In the process I see the two lower plastic screws are gone so that ment Autozone :bang: Since I had to remove the bumper to get the bracket in place I figured it was a good time to tiny my fog lights again since the first one was flaking off. It will prolly flake off again so when I can afford them I will buy smoked fogs :nice: I also tried to fix the intercooler as well as I could but the center fins got ripped a little :notnice: Not from me but from the grill impacting it when pops hit the curb :nonono:
I figure I will prolly end up painting the supports Sonic Blu and then I will re paint the intercooler support but I want to pressure wash the under side first. If I can help it this thing will never see rain again :nice:

Anyway, here are the pics. I forgot to change the cameras settings beforehand so they are not that hot :shrug:

IMGP0485.jpg

The supports are hot glued in place with high temp stuff. I can still remove them if need be.
IMGP0488.jpg

Smoked the fogs
IMGP0484.jpg

The VHT would work great if I did it from behind :p But then I woulda had to break the seal and then they would always fog up. Cant have the fogs foged :D
IMGP0489.jpg

After trying to fix it:
IMGP0493.jpg

Also cut out the openings. And yes I will get a new one, they are $105 :( I would ditch it but the paint is worn in a couple spots behind it.
IMGP0496.jpg

My newish $97 tire :banana:
IMGP0504.jpg

And you will notice that thre is no locking one on this wheel as pops lost the key somewhere and I had to grind flat spots on it to use a wrench. :mad: They were special order for thes wheels :( Took two weeks and $70.
IMGP0512.jpg

The finished product!:
IMGP0508.jpg

IMGP0509.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Lookin good man! BTW please don't sell your wheels, I think they look great and are a very unique tough. Everyone has the typical cobra, fr500 or bullitts, not that they don't look good but the FRE's are something you don't see every day, especially on a cobra.

Lookin good man! BTW please don't sell your wheels, I think they look great and are a very unique tough. Everyone has the typical cobra, fr500 or bullitts, not that they don't look good but the FRE's are something you don't see every day, especially on a cobra.
i know man! I love the wheels. The first glimpse I ever got of the car was this:
inside.jpg

I fell in love with it and talked pops out of getting the Mystic one with more miles for the same price. I really like my wheels but there are drawbacks. The tires are way expensive and I just got really lucky. Since the wheels are so light and 19" and DD it requires a hunter road force loaded balencer. Thats $60 per tire :ack: Fortunatly when I brought the wheel down there it was the owner that did it. He sees the wheel and goes "Ferrari?" I tell him what I do have and he was instantly all budy budy. He has a 99 FRC Vette with the 650HP Lingenfelter package, man is it sweet! He said he bought all the fancy tire and alignment machines for his car but found there are 30 cars around that need that stuff too so he managed to make his money back. Nice dude, after we talked and I told him about my old 99 FRC Vette it was like old friends. He asked me "Hows $20 sound for the mount and balence?" I was all WOOO HOOO :banana: :rlaugh: He also said he could get me new tires in that size for $215 each in Kumoho :shrug: So I could keep them now that I think about it...... well I still need new tires for the Mark. If they stop screwing up my paychecks then mabey I can get them anyway :shrug:

lol, lazer your funny.

i love seeing termis with messed up bumpers....makes my 10 year old pos look better lolz
Dude your car is the ****net! Its a super clean ride, is that the original paint?
I tell ya, 160 mph causes bugs to hit like rocks! :jaw: And then ya gotta shift to the next gear :nonono:

I tell ya I am an Aero lover and with the mods you have in your suspension I bet your car is like 9/10s of this ones capabilities in the corners for well under half the price :nice:
Guess I have to take solace in knowing I can walk you in any gear at any speed :(

:D Looks like you are gonna beat my POS in the SOTM! :cheers: :nice: :hail2:

haha, X2 but I guess if you don't give it hell then your just wasting it.

Front end looks so much better now that it doesn't have those funky mesh grill inserts.
She does get used :nice: The car is dirty and the nose has some bug splatters and I will clean it this weekend and take shots. I was also focusing the camera to show the crud so that when it get all fixed up it will be a bigger looking change :nice: :rlaugh: And it does have several rock chips that have been touched up but its like acme scarring :nonono: One day I will get it repainted like SRT had his repainted and it will help alot. A new I/C wouldnt hurt eaither :nice:

^^^ definitely would look better in black but look even better not there at all.
My biggest reason for removing them was air fow restriction. It really slowd the air down, if I blew through the sreen I couldnt blow out a candle :notnice:
I havent checked yet but im willing to bet the car runs a little cooler :shrug:

I hear ya, I wish I could get my front end repainted as well but it isn't too bad yet.

Yeah I'm sure it does slow airflow down a tad, but above all I am digging the open look alot more.

Dude your car is the ****net! Its a super clean ride, is that the original paint?
I tell ya, 160 mph causes bugs to hit like rocks! :jaw: And then ya gotta shift to the next gear :nonono:

I tell ya I am an Aero lover and with the mods you have in your suspension I bet your car is like 9/10s of this ones capabilities in the corners for well under half the price :nice:
Guess I have to take solace in knowing I can walk you in any gear at any speed :(

:D Looks like you are gonna beat my POS in the SOTM! :cheers: :nice: :hail2:

:lol:

Sorry, But i Never Had my car Repainted.... Same Paint that came from Ford back in 1998 :D
:bs: Lie to you parents son, not us. What about the dammage your bumper got 6 months ago then was repainted.... not that well eaither as I understand.
BTW, why a TKO? You dont have the power for it and id be willing to bet its not a TKO :shrug:
i know the problem, i had to really work to get some bug "dents" out myself,

So what's ur highest run in the termi as of yet? I'll tell if u tell :D :D

On a closed track I buried the speedo, figure 165~ish :shrug:
I forgot the nav system could display speed, next time :nice: :rlaugh: