Got the car dyno'ed today...

GTJake

Founding Member
Oct 28, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
I don't know what happened!! The car only made 263rwhp/287rwtq! WTF...I'm selling it!!!

JK... :D

Started off with a completely stock EEC, timing at 10* and FP at 39 psi. Ran a little lean, but this is what it made. (BTW, all the STD numbers are higher than the SAE numbers).

dyno.jpg

I was pretty happy with this as it already shattered my hope for 300rwhp. At this point we hooked up the tweecer and started playing around. I started with a J4J1 base that Grady (final5-0) sent me. I tried to data log the runs, but it wouldn't work. I was able to record the data log and to save it, but when it came time to view it, it didn't work. It got a windows error message and shut down. I guess I'll have to reinstall it and try again later. Well, since we couldn't data log we just tweeced the spark and fuel. Flattened out the A/F ratio a little bit and gained a little more... :D

Here is the SAE graph after a full cool down and after we finished all the tweeces:

dyno1.jpg

Here is the same run in STD numbers:

dyno2.jpg

These numbers were on a dyno jet and just FYI my buddies 96 LT-1 with ported heads, ported intake, comp cam and full exhaust made: 350rwhp/346rwtq. So I think the rollers were working properly, because he was hoping for 350rwhp to 400rwhp, looks like he got the bottom end of the estimate. Also, 5.0 mag has used this tuner before in some of they're write ups of a 5.4 into a 99+ Mustang. Brain from Hi-Tech is very well versed in fuel injected tuning. He amazed me with how much he knew. He had never used a tweecer before and in minutes we were on our way making changes and gaining power. I'm very happy with the car. Oh, and did I mention I finished the fox TB swap. Very snappy, picked up a ton on the SOTP meter when I finished it this morning! I love my car! :)

fox.jpg

fox1.jpg

fox2.jpg

Jake

• Sponsors (?)

Hell yeah dude, those are some killer numbers for an N/A combo :nice: Glad the tuning went well. I think you need to get the latest version of Caledit and CalCon to get the datalogging to work right. I haven't had any problems with it yet.

Thanks guys! I'm happy!!!

mytight95 said:
what did tom do to the performer, what gasket etc. was it ported too. and if i may what were his charges.

jason

Tom ported the lower. It was port matched to an AFR 165 intake runner. I trimmed Fel-Pro 1250's to match the heads and intake runners. You can send Tom an email to find out exactly what he does. I think it was $130 w/shipping and everything. Send him a PM.

Jake

Sweet numbers Jake! Congrats as I know you put a lot of hard work into it.

Now...does this mean if I get my lower ported and go with a TwEECer, I might be seeing numbers like those??? After all...we almost have identical cams ;) Honestly though, I think those numbers are too far away...you've "set the bar" it seems on a NA 302...now get it to the track and GET 'ER DONE!!!!