Got the car dyno'ed today...

What's up with even listing STD numbers? I was always told SAE are the real numbers since they bring all numbers onto the same level. Wouldn't be fair if you dyno'd your car is death valley (232ft. below sea level) in the middle of the night with 35 degree temps would it???

Just a question.

• Sponsors (?)

STD is the way to go, its what YOUR car made under the given conditions it was in at the time. I only use STD when I dyno. STD is the Real #'s, SAE is just corrected for a certain temp and such for "equal" comparisons. Seeing how not all dynos read the same, comparing still isn't "equal".

Great numbers Jake!!!

Now, Lets talk about that tune!

Which file did you end up using? Was it your original T4M0 or a J4J1 file.

How much total spark? How quick did Brian have it come in?

I saw the 12.4 a/f ratio. I made the most power with that ratio. Did Brian use the Tweecer or your afpr to get the ratio down?

We want, no, WE NEED the details.

Don't hose around with that cal file until you save it. I want to see it.

Once again buddy, congrats on the spectacular results.

Later
Grady

DAMN!, those are some SERIOUS power numbers there for a NA 94-95...im guessing part of it is the such low miles on your car, but ive said it before that the reason fox cars make more power is the TB setup, and i think your power numbers help that argument....CONGRATS!

Anthony

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
DAMN!, those are some SERIOUS power numbers there for a NA 94-95...im guessing part of it is the such low miles on your car, but ive said it before that the reason fox cars make more power is the TB setup, and i think your power numbers help that argument....CONGRATS!

Anthony
Aggressive cam timing has a lot to do with it too. ;)

We won't go there.... :bang:

:D

Joe

Grn92LX said:
STD is the way to go, its what YOUR car made under the given conditions it was in at the time. I only use STD when I dyno. STD is the Real #'s, SAE is just corrected for a certain temp and such for "equal" comparisons. Seeing how not all dynos read the same, comparing still isn't "equal".

Well then...that goes against everything I've ever heard and been told my dyno operators and people who know. Why then, do 95% of all dyno's give the number out in SAE I ask?

By the way...if I remember correctly, my STD numbers were 31xrwhp/34xrwtq...but I threw those out because they are not consistent with a level playing field. Like I said...let me dyno in the middle of winter below sea level and I will show you 335/360 numbers...but I"m not about to go around saying that's what my car makes.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Thanks Mark for the help with the fox TB swap. It's actaully pretty easy, like you said, once you actually get in there and do it.

As far as SAE or STD. Brain told me STD numbers are corrected for 60* with zero humidity and SAE was correct for 70* and I forget the % humidity. Either way, both those numbers are not what you actually make in the dyno. They are corrected so that someone in Colorado in 90* heat with 100% humidity and someone in California with 60* heat and 30% humidity can actually compare numbers. It was about upper 80*'s with humidity in the 70% range when I dyno'ed (I was sweating in the car). The car right there, in that room, on those rollers, uncorrected numbers made 320rwhp/328rwtq.

Grady I sent you an email with the tune we used.

I don't know if the Fox TB made the change in the numbers, but I would say it's more a combination of the parts. I really think Tom's ported lower helped out some! However, I drove the car for about a week with the stock SN-95 TB setup with the timing at 16* (that seemed to be the sweet spot). When I went to the dyno, I had just finished the fox TB swap, so I set the timing down to 10* for the tweecer and the car actaully felt much stronger. I was very suprised. The throttle responce had picked up and it was all around smoother throughout the rev range. And this was with only 10* of timing.

Also, I raced my buddies LT-1 Camaro that I went to go dyno with. He made 350rwhp/346rwtq with a tune. We raced before the dyno (I had the stock SN-95 TB and elbow) and I beat him by close to a car and a half. He was on Nittos and I was on stock Goodyear gatorbacks. Mustangs rule....:banana:

Jake

You made some nice choices and it paid off for you...Cool putting together you own combo... :nice:

Now you need to dump that MAF in the fenderwell....I had hot start/dying issues with mine after the H/C install...Fan wash was doing it...the u/hood temps climb bigtime once the motors tweaked...i noticed that right away...
Sticking that MAF in the fender cured the problem...she's injesting some seriously warm air out there... :D
cobra_cai_painted_2.jpg

Thanks Andy! Yea, that CAI was just a mock up to get me to the dyno. I plan on making something a little different in the next week or so. Drivability is awesome with the J4J1 program on the tweecer though. With adjusted fan temps, my car never got above "N" when we were stuck in stop and go traffic for 2.5 hours on the way home. (bad accident).

Jake

Chad,

Rock Falls has a test and tune this Sunday. (Father's Day). I'm going down to Cedar Falls, Iowa on the 25th for some good traction. I need to pick up some drag radials by then. Where in the Minneapolis area? Maybe we could meet up. I work all day Saturday.

Jake

Black95GTS said:
those numbers are sick for NA, now go beat up some LS1s! What's your compression ratio if you don't mind me asking??

CR should be around ~9.5:1 with 58cc heads.

DaveB said:
Wow those numbers are sick :nice:. I wonder how much is from the Fox TB conversion. Does that get rid of the cruise control?

I haven't messed with cruise control yet, because I just wanted to get it up and running and get to the dyno. I do have a fox CC cable, so we'll have to see if that works. Not sure.

final5-0 said:
Which file did you end up using? Was it your original T4M0 or a J4J1 file.

I used the tweeced J4J1 base that you sent me. The one tweeced by Mike Glover. The first dyno is with the stock comp and no tweecer hooked up.

final5-0 said:
How much total spark? How quick did Brian have it come in?

I sent you the file so you could look at it. But in the upper rpms it ended up being like low 30*'s.

final5-0 said:
I saw the 12.4 a/f ratio. I made the most power with that ratio. Did Brian use the Tweecer or your afpr to get the ratio down?

He used the tweecer by adjusting the fuel tables.

Holy **** Jake! Those are increadible numbers man! WAY TO GO!!! I'm speechless!

(makes mental note to self... call Ed and tell him to stop making combos better than mine) J/K! I'm happy as hell for you!!!!

Thanks Paul! Means alot coming from you. You were pretty much the first 94-95 guy to try this combo and you've swayed alot of people towards it, including myself. Thanks alot for all the help you've provided me and others over the years!!

Jake