Got the gangsta lean

bnjf

Dec 5, 2011
So I've read about "the fox body lean" and I know it's been discussed but most cars seem to be lower on the drivers side. Mine is about an inch and a half lower on the passenger side. It does have 150k . Is it just worn out shocks or bushings or something more serious? Is it just people nailing the gas too much?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah it's from hard shifting. The back left foot mount near driver door is probably cracked. Lift up the carpet going down the length off door and check the floor pan down there. The seat can also be bent. Subframe connectors cure this from happening.

So the drivers side floor pan will be bent? And that will effect the passenger side by sagging a little? Subs will fix or would have prevented?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Sorry....I must have missread. I scanned over it quick and read gangster lean, then people hitting the gas too often and then someone elses comment about a torn floorpan and I went for the obvious. The seats are broke or bent in about 80% of the Fox bodies I've seen.

If it's a suspension issue....it may very well just be worn out springs.

My 88 sat kinda funny when I bought it. Front down real low, front tires leaned in at the top and lower on the drivers side. I replaced the front coils with used Eibach drag springs I got at a swap meet and that corrected the low front, wheels leaning and evened it up some. It has adjustable rear lower control arm spring perches which I was able to adjust to get it level left to right. With that said they are adjusted way different leaving me to assume the body is twisted from abuse. Its never been wrecked badly. I am gonna support it on the body with jack stands, remove the bolt in sub-frame connectors and weld in full length ones that I bought, with it level and hope that straightens it up completely.