got the mac straight shot, testing soon!!!!

stangman

15 Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
in a 3 bed, 2 bath
just letting you guys that are curious about the mac straight shot know that i'll be testing it next week :nice: i just got it yesterday, & installed it. i could feel a difference, i know that is nothing to go by, so i borrowed my buddies butt dyno as well. he also said he could tell a difference, so i knew it wasn't just me. :D

but i will be going to the dyno, prolly on monday or tuesday, to see exactly what difference it made. i will make 3 runs with the stock piece on, then switch it over to the straight shot system & then make 3 more runs. that should get a nice average, & i'll report back to you all & make a post in tech about my findings, so we all know exactly what it does :nice:

on a side note, if anyone wants me to do the k&n vs. stock paper again let me know. i'll do a couple runs for that too if there is any interest :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

c2see21 said:
just letting you guys that are curious about the mac straight shot know that i'll be testing it next week :nice: i just got it yesterday, & installed it. i could feel a difference, i know that is nothing to go by, so i borrowed my buddies butt dyno as well. he also said he could tell a difference, so i knew it wasn't just me. :D

but i will be going to the dyno, prolly on monday or tuesday, to see exactly what difference it made. i will make 3 runs with the stock piece on, then switch it over to the straight shot system & then make 3 more runs. that should get a nice average, & i'll report back to you all & make a post in tech about my findings, so we all know exactly what it does :nice:

on a side note, if anyone wants me to do the k&n vs. stock paper again let me know. i'll do a couple runs for that too if there is any interest :nice:

Are you taking it where I think you're taking it? If so I sure hope they are doing better with the thing then they did in the past.

Nah I think they are doing a little better. I'm just poking a little fun. They have a pretty good mechanic working for them now. Oh and I got wind that they are trying to push the ricer scene out of the shop too. That will be their biggest improvement.

StangYellow said:
how about K&N vs. Sq Trim.

hopefully in a few months i'll get to do that, but it might not be with a s/c :D

and the only reason i'm doing this is because of that claim of 25 rwhp they are putting out. i think they are full of it (along with most other people), when they say 20-25 rwhp on those ads, so i'll go test it for everyone. i'd say it probably netted me 10whp, if i had to guess. i just don't want people to get ripped off because of that advertising. & the k&N thing was a long drawn out debate that i never got settled, so if anyone still cares i'll do it again. i know they both sound like stupid "tests" but someone has to do it :D

mrvax said:
Me too. I just replaced my K&N (wasn't visibly dirty, had max 10,000 on it) with a new Fram paper filter. My butt dyno confirmed a nice improvement and my gas mileage improved by almost 1mpg.

BTW: This belongs in Tech.

well i didn't put it in tech because i won't be able to get to the dyno until monday. so i figured i would just let people know about it & put the K&N thing up for discussion. i was going to make a whole different thread whenever i got all the numbers together :shrug: but wherever you want it mrvax :nice:

I am also very interested in the K&N vs stock dyno as well. I know I was pissed when I put mine in and it did nothing. Im also curious on the the straightshot. Did yours come with the MAF? Thanks

madmatt said:
I am also very interested in the K&N vs stock dyno as well. I know I was pissed when I put mine in and it did nothing. Im also curious on the the straightshot. Did yours come with the MAF? Thanks

Yes his came with a MAF...I asked him about it when he first got it. Lives 10 min. from me.

GTvert01 said:
I have been debating on the straightshot. If it goes well, I'm telling my girlfriend it's your fault I had to buy it.

LOL, the funny thing is, c2see21 is blaming me for something similar. I just got my gears and blower, and he said he's telling his wife it's my fault he's going to order cams and N2O.

Thats probably why they put a fan infront of the car. :shrug: What exactly is the difference between the C&L 85mm MAF and the MAC straight shot? Im guessing the difference is the c&l is just the MAF with filter and the straight shot is the nice tubing with maf and filter? I wonder what the difference would be between the c&l maf and the mac straight shot?

Hmmm, could you do a test with the stock MAF just to see what us 99-00 guys would gain, dunno if its at all feasible cause I know dyno time is expensive but just wondering. I just wanna see how much is just from the MAF leaning it out. Thanks again for your work.