Got the one chambers on and.....

mustanglouie

Dec 30, 2004
Oakwood GA
Okay well you guys don't know me all that well but I have been lurking around here for awhile. I have a problem with the way I feel about my exhaust setups after I have had them a while (a while being a couple of months). In the past year I have had 5 different sets of mufflers. The mufflers of choice include warlocks, flowmaster 40s, forza flows, dynomax bullets, and now one chamber flows. Well to say the least the one chambers are loud but I was hopeing for the sound of the flowmaster 40s but louder. But these mufflers sound nothing like the 40's they sound more like the dynomax bullets. I guess they will do for now. I just wanted to share my experience with you guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Hahaha :rlaugh: You sound just like me! :lol:

I am very particular about the sound of my car. I've had h-pipe with 2 chamber flows and it sounded awesome especially with the cam.. To me it sounded like 2 harleys idling. But tooo loud for me and booomomomomomomy right down into my eardrums RattLinG the medula OblOnGaTA! Ouch headache and no more enjoyment. And neighbors hate me. :notnice:

So...,I went to super turbo mufflers...muffled my harley sound BIG time and less boom but still boomy and no cool hollow sound...After a while I felt it didnt have that cool mustang sound. :nono: I missed it and ...

So...put on some 2 chamber delta flow flowmasters...Cool hollow sound but Still muffled the cool harley idle sound and more boomy.. :nonono:

So....I added 2 HIGH FLOW small bullet cats. No loss in power, less BOOOOOMY (meaning that ouch not the cool sound). But it is still boomy-refering to the drone of death again not the cool hollow sound). :rolleyes:

So...now I am going to add 2 glasspacks in the hopes it will help the drone and or move it up in the RPM range so its not soo bad. Will report back.. :shrug:

what kind of sound are looking to accomplish?

well after a few of the exhaust systems were on I have now realized that I miss the tipical mustang sound with flows but what gets me is what some people call ungodly loud I think is just right. Alot of people was saying the the one chambers would sound alot like the 40's but a little louder. Well I don't really think they do. They sound good don't get me wrong but they just don't have that signiture flowmaster sound that you get with a mustang. Would uping my pipe size make that big of a difference in sound? To be honest with yall my cousin had a 98 cobra that had a bassani x pipe and 2 chamber flows and stock manifolds and boy did that sound make me want to do you know what:D . So I guess I am beating a dead horse trying to get a 4v 4.6 sound out of my 5.0. But you see the only reason why I keep buying different mufflers is because I hear sound clips on here of guys with awsome sounding exhaust but I can never duplicate them. Oh well :bang:

I know how u feel man, i had 2 chamber flows with the stock H-pipe, then the same flows with bbk shorties and a bassani catted X and i loved the way it sounded, it just wasnt loud enough. So then i welded in dynomax bullets in place of the flows and its def. louder but lost that classic mustang sound. so now im gonna do what i should of done all along and get an o/r H and original 40 series non-delta flows. It's the way a mustang was meant to sound lol.

I know how u feel man, i had 2 chamber flows with the stock H-pipe, then the same flows with bbk shorties and a bassani catted X and i loved the way it sounded, it just wasnt loud enough. So then i welded in dynomax bullets in place of the flows and its def. louder but lost that classic mustang sound. so now im gonna do what i should of done all along and get an o/r H and original 40 series non-delta flows. It's the way a mustang was meant to sound lol.

well the problem with that setup Is that I have already done it and it wasn't loud enough for me:shrug:

I think what may have disappointed you was trying a chambered muffler with an X pipe. I never really liked the sound that resulted from an X and chambers.

Chambered for H.

Straight through for X.

I think I may end up trying out the 1 chamber Flows with my H & see what I get. Currently have 40's on there, but like you, I want more volume. I love the sound .... I just want it louder.

Try a off road mac prochamber with the 40 series flows. Not as loud as off-road H an cleaner sounding IMO.

Well I have never had cats on my car and I did have a prochamber on there before with the flows and it sounded good but just not enough volume. But seventymach1 I have seen people say that time and time again. I don't really believe in that myth. I did have the dynomax bullets before which are straight through and still wasn't happy with it. At first it sounded good but later did nothing for me. I guess my warlock muffers which I uncapped all the time probably was the best sounding to me because of the volume it produced.