Got traction? I dont! Help.

notchnut

Founding Member
Mar 6, 2001
New England
So I've owned my car for about two weeks and absolutley love it. However I have been keeping it off the boost until I get it to my tuner because of a little bit of detonation at wot, and as we know that's bad. Today however I took my neighbor for a quick ride and let him sample a little american muscle (He's a Suburu guy) after pulling into the street I tapped first and jammed second and just fried the tires, I pedled a bit to keep it away from detonation and even peddling could not stop the wheel spin. Once again down the road I was doing 43mph in second and mashed it, nothing but sideways tire smoke! Cool but I would much rather hook and book. Considering the current tune on this car is ultra conservative I was left wondering what I can do to hook better, especially after i re-dyno tune this beast. My tires are Michelin 315/30/18's in the rear because the rear rims are 18x10.5's and I have not seen a drag radial that would look right on this rim. I'm definitley upgrading my rear upper and lower CA's but what else can I do to hook. I had really no intention on tracking this car but after it's dyno tuned I would like to get a timeslip to post next to it during the car shows next summer. Thanks for any help guys.

• Sponsors (?)

a pair of 305/35/18 MT;s will get you hooking!!!:D

jun08003.jpg

View attachment 291395

Attachments

• jun08003.jpg
    jun08003.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 89
Those look sweet, I love the look of the 315's from the rear but those dont look much different. How much a piece? I did find BFG D/R's 315/30/18 but I cant find a price for em yet.

they are close to $300 each, but worth every penny. my car will hook in 1st gear from a 5 mph roll with these and not spin at all between shifts. the BFG's are in the middle as far as traction. Nitto DR's suck, BFG's are good and last a while, MT's HOOK but will only last about 10K

I have the 315/17 nitto 555r drag radials on my T76 03 and no way will I get them again! Good for stock car but andy more power and they will get you in trouble fast! I will give the MTs a try next time if they last 5k I will be happy since it isn't really a DD ;)
Kurt