Gotta Be The Most Antisocial Mustang Site Going

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

This site amazes me, I mean I don't even know why I waste my time posting threads cause most of the time no one answers and its not even like I ask dumb noob questions. Is it just a click thing ? im done.

You posted a thread
SN Server said:
Yesterday at 8:26 PM, 0 replies, in forum: 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk

So it was a Friday night, usually pretty slow here on Friday night. Give it some time.

Moved over to TALK section, BTW.

How would one even reply to a thread like this:
Im getting ready to pull the motor and I would like to leave the tranny ( t-3650) in place. I have pulled both as a unit in the past and also have dropped the trans first but this time I would like to leave the trans in place.

Maybe, "Cool?" You're not asking for help, you're just saying you want to pull the motor without pulling the tranny. Ok.

This thread was started only an hour ago on a saturday night, which is not our most active:
Well since rebuilding my 2v about 1500 miles ago the car just hasn't been that impressive, even with 410s in the rear so I decided to run a compression test and the results were, 7 cylinders all had between 180 and 185 PSI but number 5 only had 150 PSI.
Would that make that much of a difference in power ?

I ran the test on that cylinder wet and the compression shot up to around 210 PSI.

Im guessing the rings did not seat completely,either that or I set the top ring with the bevel downwards.

The answer depends on how much power you're making. Losing that kind of compression is probably going to result in a signifcant power loss in that cylinder. So take 1/8th of your power, and take about 16% from it, and that would be my guess at how much power you're losing.

Back to the pessimism in this thread, you had responses to your last threads back in May and June. Sorry you don't like the site.

How would one even reply to a thread like this:

Maybe, "Cool?" You're not asking for help, you're just saying you want to pull the motor without pulling the tranny. Ok.

This thread was started only an hour ago on a saturday night, which is not our most active:

The answer depends on how much power you're making. Losing that kind of compression is probably going to result in a signifcant power loss in that cylinder. So take 1/8th of your power, and take about 16% from it, and that would be my guess at how much power you're losing.

Back to the pessimism in this thread, you had responses to your last threads back in May and June. Sorry you don't like the site.

Oh so a thread "titled engine pulling preference" doesn't give the reader the idea that someone would like other points of view.
Either way.

Please don't take my frustration as being disrespectful but I have seen many threads (not just mine) gone un answered or IMHO under answered .

I mean just because my post count is not that high I have been a member of the site since 2005 and ,all due respect but I think I am somewhat entitled to my opinion but no denying I did get a heck of response in regards to this thread.

Oh so a thread "titled engine pulling preference" doesn't give the reader the idea that someone would like other points of view.
Either way.

Please don't take my frustration as being disrespectful but I have seen many threads (not just mine) gone un answered or IMHO under answered .

I mean just because my post count is not that high I have been a member of the site since 2005 and ,all due respect but I think I am somewhat entitled to my opinion but no denying I did get a heck of response in regards to this thread.

My suggestion would be to answer them then.

I'll say it like this... When viewed from the top down (the whole forum and not just one or two sub-forms) I see it time and again. You can only get out of this forum what you put into it. So when you say you see unanswered threads well... Did you read them? If so, why did you not respond to them? Even if you didn't know the answer, then even a little research or moral support goes a long way sometimes.

For a tech specific forum to be active then folks have to participate. Maybe the portion of the forum you view the most is not as active as some of the others.

Here's an opportunity for you to try and change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.