Graduation and car maintenance

I kept meaning to post this. My wife graduated from college with a Nursing Unit Clerk certificate recently. She is now on call at the hospital earning seniority and makes as much as I do running a machine shop.

Paying for tuition each semester while having only my income really stretched the household budget. But now with two incomes I'm able to give the mustang some of the long overdue maintenance that a daily driver requires.

This summer I had the three row rad rebuilt with a new tank, did the timing chain, installed a one piece oil pan gasket, replaced the control arms on the right side (left side next month), and will soon get new tires, heater motor and stereo.

View attachment 433862

• Sponsors (?)

That's your wife? :eek: She looks like she oughta be your daughter!

Yeah, the ol' "on-call" drill...... Mrs StDr does that in addition to her usual job as a Recovery Room Nurse. In her case it means the phone rings at 2:30AM; unless of course it's time to go out to dinner at 6:30 PM, then she'll get called out while the rest of us go to dinner..... :nonono: Welcome to the toughest job in the heaqlthcare industry - the nurse's spouse!

After 15 years of marriage my wife finally decided what she wants to be when she grows up and started Dental assisting classes last month. She will finish in May or June, and then will be able to get a career going that is more than a part-time minimum wage job. Hopefully that will allow room in the budget for my Mustang projects as well. Up to this point it has been just trying to keep everything running and buying little parts here and there for the bigger projects.

I second what dreamin said, when I first say the picture I thought "Proud Daddy and Dear Daughter". :nice:

2nd Mustang said:
Congratulations to your wife and the best to the both of you, then there is the other thing called KIDS. :D

I was just going to say...."Don't expect that extra $$ to last long..when women get confortable with their marrige/financial situation, they start wanting to nest :eek: "

Congrats!

StangDreamin' said:
That's your wife? :eek: She looks like she oughta be your daughter!

Actually, we were both born in '73 believe it or not! We are going out for dinner tonight because it was her birthday last week.

As for kids, we have a four year old I posted about here http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=662276&page=3 There are pictures of him and me down at the bottom of the page. He is also the small set of legs coming from under my car in my sig picture.

Krash,

My wife was born in 73 and I was born in 72. so we are close to the same age. As for us we have 5 kids already, and there will be no more ( I hope).

So once she starts working that will be extra income, of course we only have 4 and half years till our oldest is off to college, though I am pushing trade school.

Got new back tires yesterday. Whitewalls to match the front and accent the wheel covers. 205/75R14...I know they are a little taller than most of you guys run, but I need them that way for the highway as I have 3.50 gears. It sure handles and stops better than it did before.

RED2001GT said:
My wife is an adult entertainment film star.

Lol.. serious?

I've often wondered about guys in your position. I mean.. I envy you because she must be pretty hot, alot of fun, and makes good money. I feal bad for you because I'd be way too jelous and don't know if I could handle the jelousy and always wondering what people thought of me and my wife.