GRANATELLi parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the **** is JR, I have no idea wtf you are talking about, I dont work for GMS, nor do I support companies making junk parts to go on cars. Thanks for posting the pictures, and btw I also have an economics degree, so kudos. My question was specifically aimed at the k-member, and I can tell that their welds are inferior to MM, but I can also tell that those parts are not the same part. Has anybody used a GMS k-member that has broken, Im sure design and material does play a big part in this. For one, the design is EXACTLY the same, somebody post a picture of their MM k-member and I will post my GMS one. Second, whether or not GMS does make their stuff in china, Im positive that MM's steel would also be coming from china, becuase reality is that most stuff now is made in china, including steel, and even if they didnt directly get it from there, chances are their supplier did. Furthermore, MM is not extremely expensive, and yes I did look at price first, but I also compared the two products and could tell their design is exactly the same; seeing as how materials are also probably coming from the same place, the only difference would be the welds. Yes the welds are a very important part of the K-member, but Like I said before the whole k-member is pretty beefy and although the welds may not be as good in quality as MM(which I cant confirm until someone posts a close up pic of their MM k-member), it is certainly similar. NOw as far as MM's R & D...well I dont knowwhat kind of R & D they do, but I know a k-member isn't extremely expensive to design, in fact I could pull out a piece of paper and probably design a better one just off the top of my head and I could produce it for a cheaper price and sell it for a cheaper price, anybody interested? So for things like a k-member, I can't say that R & D should automatically mean a much mroe expensive item to cover the costs of design, development, and implementation, when those costs for that good should not be producing such high costs to begin with.

Maximum Motorsports, and Griggs, and even Steeda...R&D and test their parts on RACE cars... That is where the cost comes from. For every 100 design permutations a company comes up with, maybe one or two have elements that make it to the final product. Designing something on a computer is cheap, fabricating the initial product, testing, and then revision followed by jig and template creation is where the money goes. The reason for the higher price on MM/Griggs parts is not just R&D costs, it's quality, performance, and yeah, a little bit name brand price jack (minimal at best). And hey...How can you tell the designs are exactly the same by looking at pictures on the internet? Did you measure the distances between pivot points and fixtures with your psychic powers or something?

Oh and here, I'll take your challenge - a picture of my MM K-member and A-arms. Lets see your "quality" GMS/Ching-Chong-China-Made peices!

mm_%289%29.jpg

mm_%284%29.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

NOw as far as MM's R & D...well I dont knowwhat kind of R & D they do, but I know a k-member isn't extremely expensive to design, in fact I could pull out a piece of paper and probably design a better one just off the top of my head and I could produce it for a cheaper price and sell it for a cheaper price, anybody interested?

Haha, that's your best statement yet.:rolleyes:

I'll call your bluff. Design one, and post it here. I will in turn post it on corner-carvers.com and all the other internet road racing websites, of course giving you all the credit. If it ever gets to production and actually works, I'll eat my crow pie, but I have a strange feeling that I'll be eating nothing but rib-eye steak.

. NOw as far as MM's R & D...well I dont knowwhat kind of R & D they do, but I know a k-member isn't extremely expensive to design, in fact I could pull out a piece of paper and probably design a better one just off the top of my head and I could produce it for a cheaper price and sell it for a cheaper price, anybody interested? .

great you could be the next gms. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:. And nobody but uninformed noobs would buy your crapy k-member.

NOw as far as MM's R & D...well I dont knowwhat kind of R & D they do, but I know a k-member isn't extremely expensive to design, in fact I could pull out a piece of paper and probably design a better one just off the top of my head and I could produce it for a cheaper price and sell it for a cheaper price, anybody interested?

:lol: Are you serious?:rlaugh: What do you know about suspension geometry? :Zip2:

Ya know I say buy it. Have at it. In fact buy their LCA's and their tuner. Buy all their *****. That's less inventory that they can sell off to another uninformed enthusiast that won't listen.

One thing I learned throughout the years of modding a few Mustangs was go with what works and avoid what is cheap and what is recommended to stay away from.

I hope you won't run into a problem, brake parts and worse case wreck your car(how does that affect your economics?). However, I will warn you. If you do, you better not make a thread about it. No one will give a damn about your problem and will probably laugh at you and chalk it up for another dumb@ss that didn't listen.

So can you tell me what Ackerman is and how you are going to improve your K member design over the stock one to address this?

So what about the design ist the same? Looks the same to me, sure MM welds are better, but these arent too bad for 400 bucks less. And I dont know **** about suspension geometry, but when did people stop using their brains to figure things out. All I have to do is go to google and type in ackerman geometry and a few hours later I'll have more info than I ever wanted.

. And I dont know **** about suspension geometry, but when did people stop using their brains to figure things out. .

thats has to be one of the dumbest things i've ever heard :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:. so using geometry to make a good product isnt using your brain?:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bottom line is you bought a cheap and crapy k-member. like i said beforer you will never win this argument on this site nor will you win on just about anyother mustang site. sorry dude but your k-member looks like ass. Anyone with a MM or griggs k-member would smoke you due to inferior disign. Ill bet that thing flexis like tinfoil.

Lol. Not only does he have a degree in economics, but in engineering as well!

K-memba so simper! It only suppot font end of cah! I tink I design no probrem onry 5k.

(Too many Asian professors at my college. Every time I think engineering, I think in an Asian accent.)

"thats has to be one of the dumbest things i've ever heard . so using geometry to make a good product isnt using your brain?

bottom line is you bought a cheap and crapy k-member. like i said beforer you will never win this argument on this site nor will you win on just about anyother mustang site. sorry dude but your k-member looks like ass. Anyone with a MM or griggs k-member would smoke you due to inferior disign. Ill bet that thing flexis like tinfoil."

Darkside, you're an idiot. What you said makes absolutely no sense, I think your pee brain confused itself when you were reading that statement. I am not by any means trying to convince anyone that GMS is better than MM, nor am I trying to talk trash on MM by saying I can design a better k-member, but honestly the K-members look the same. If you honestly think they look different, then you really need to go talk to your doctor about sticking you back in first grade for being so stupid. You can't deny that the design is different, and btw I do have a degree in engineering too, electrical engineering bitch. So for the people talking trash to me, if you want some come and get it, Torrance, Ca. All i was trying to do was get some facts straight, and I start getting flamed on for doing it. Seriously bitches, you want some, come and get, you'll regret you ever opened your mouth.

This thread is going nowhere fast.

Dank- you should have put up a post PRIOR to your purchase. Check out MM's website, they have a TON of info there. If you dont understand suspension thats where you should start.

The bottom line is there is A LOT of technology and R&D that goes into developing a key peice of suspension like that. Also, if it does fail your motor is on the ground... why risk it?

$50 says this thread is locked by the end of the night....

Status
Not open for further replies.