Grand National to be revived?

davins130 said:
will never happen....A gto with a twin turbo v6.....plus they wouldnt ever make a car that has more hp than the vette

true, there would be tons of Vette owners havent yet another mid life crisis b/c there precious vette got knocked off as head of the food chain.

• Sponsors (?)

gm dont have a good body to build it off of. the old ones were on the monte carlo platform (so were half the other models they had) but that pic look like a gto ate a sunfire then shat it out. but i am diggin the black rims.

I question the validity of this 'rendering'. I consider myself a pro with computer graphics since I work for a leading 3D animation software company and have been dealing with this stuff for a long time. I notice a lot of discrepancies that pro's would pick-up on, that tells me that this may be a photochop hack. When these sort of mock ups are put together, it's with actual 3D renderings but this one is put together from existing pictures of cars. Since they advertise it for 2007 they should have modeled the car already to be rendered in 3D but instead they took a bad photochop approach of existing cars and added some effects...
Some discrepancies...
-The Buick emblem is not queued according to its' perspective angle.(novice)
-The window tints don't add up correctly, the back window should have been darker.
-fuzziness/blur everywhere like on the top/middle trim of the driver's window, the back where the spoiler meets the quarter panel-completely botched.

A pro studio would definitely pick-up on these discrepancies :shrug:

well I guess some people do like it and thats cool but no matter how good GM made this car look its hard to get the bad taste of the GTO out of my mouth. To me the GNX looks like nothing more then a Grand AM that humped a sunfire.

Personally, I like it. In the 80's when the GNX first came out I was too young & too poor to own one. But if that thing comes out in 2 years hmmmmmm, add 2 & carry the 1........nope, still too poor.

I'm sure the will sell for more than 38K & will probably have a waiting list to get one (wasn't it tough to get one new back in the day?).

I always hated the new GTO in every pic I saw of it. It looked too much like a Grand Prix. But when I actually saw one in person...:drool:...They are damn sexy, especially with some dished rims. Do I like the GNX concept? Hell yeah! Do I think they should put the GNX name on that car? Hell no! They should at least change the look of the car a lot more if they're gonna use the same platform, like the differences between the Camaro and Firebird. I do have to say that at least they are using a RWD platform so the GNX won't go the way of the Monte Carlo. I think GNX would look much better if they made it look something like the last RWD Monte Carlo's.

That thing is actually pretty bad! I cant stand the Buick owners, well, most of them, even though I have friends that are Buick owners. :) I see that being something different than what the GN was geared towards. This car can be had with a stick shift too. I used to be a turbo buick fan but they handle like boats, no stick shift and they are pretty much only good at drag racing. That and the owners are 95% of the time, *******s. :)

This new one would be weird though, what group would it fall into? Im sure the Buick owners are already hating it, it's not a 3.8, has more than one turbo and isnt a brick. :)

Seriously though, that car could EASILY make some big power with simple mods, who gives a ***** if it comes with 250 horsepower or 450 horsepower? It will be EASY to make big power off of it. I would still rather have an 03-04 Cobra though. :)

this has been posted all over all the car forums.......someone on another site posted a thread from one of the buick forums,and that pic. is a chop...and the likelyhood of that car being built are slim to none.....and gm is dropping the platform that the next gen. gto was 'supposed" to be built on,so there likely won't even be another gto being built either....