"Grandma Car"

94ragtopGT

Jun 15, 2010
Hey everyone! I just bought my mustang from a little old lady that lived in farm country. She only drove it in the summer and kept it garaged for the rest of the year. Its a 1994 Mustang GT Convertible with the 5.0! I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw it only had 42k miles on it. Anyway, since it has the stock 17" rims I am looking to put on some bullitts for the summer.

Any problems with fitting 17" x 10.5" and 315x35x17 tires on the back for this model?

Also leave me some suggestions about what finish I should get the bullitts in. Black with chrome lip, all chrome, anthracite or hypercoated?

THE CAR IS A DARK BLUEISH GREEN. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about thanks for the suggestions!

Brett

• Sponsors (?)

Hey everyone! I just bought my mustang from a little old lady that lived in farm country. She only drove it in the summer and kept it garaged for the rest of the year. Its a 1994 Mustang GT Convertible with the 5.0! I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw it only had 42k miles on it. Anyway, since it has the stock 17" rims I am looking to put on some bullitts for the summer.

Any problems with fitting 17" x 10.5" and 315x35x17 tires on the back for this model?

Also leave me some suggestions about what finish I should get the bullitts in. Black with chrome lip, all chrome, anthracite or hypercoated?

THE CAR IS A DARK BLUEISH GREEN. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about thanks for the suggestions!

Brett

315's fit fine. you may have to flip the quad shock around but thats it.

I'm running 315-35/17 out back with no problem and 275-40/17 out front. Chrome bullitts on a chrome Yellow GT. I really wanted the black with chrome lip but I didn't think it would look right with no other black on the outside of my car. They probably would look good on a darker car though.

This color?

Attachments

• Lisas Cars 008.jpg
    Lisas Cars 008.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 87
Again, the 17x10.5 rims will fit as long as they're made for the 94-04 Mustangs. You might get a bit of rubbing on the wheel well; if you do, just dent in that part of the wheel well with a hammer. I've also heard some folks have had trouble with the lip on the fender cutting into the tire, but I haven't experienced it myself.

I'm running 315-35/17 out back with no problem and 275-40/17 out front. Chrome bullitts on a chrome Yellow GT. I really wanted the black with chrome lip but I didn't think it would look right with no other black on the outside of my car. They probably would look good on a darker car though.

I am also running 275-40/17 front and 315-35/17 rear but I removed the quad shocks and had to bend the parking brake brackets down some. But they fit pretty good and look good otherwise.