great buy on Ford GT

• Sponsors (?)

$110K for a salvage title Ford GT does not seem like a particularly good deal to me. I would also be suspicious of the claim that it will only cost $10K to fix -- insurance companies do not total $140K cars that easily.

The post was meant to be tongue in cheek. Cant believe someone totled a GT with under 1000 miles on it. They probably **** themselves so hard when they got on the gas and lost control that they begged the insurance company to total it. Now if only i could get my hands on that motor and put it in a 1969 mach1 that i might pick up :)

they totalled one with 9 miles on it

Yep. I posted this on my website last week, not too hard to do apparently.

Lets say if this GT was rebuildable, you could probably get 200k out of it. So if it truly had 10k worth of damage, why would they? Makes no sense. I have a feeling its damaged a lot more than the pictures show.

Now if only i could get my hands on that motor and put it in a 1969 mach1 that i might pick up

I dont think that motor would fit between the shock towers. I think thats one of the reasons it's mounted where it is on the GT. If you've seen a modular in a 2000 and up cobra, its even wider than that.

I could be wrong though. And yes, that would be freakin sweet.