Greetings From Oregon

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Triple R, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Triple R

Triple R New Member

I'm guessing like most forums an intro thread is in order. I will admit I don't have a Mustang yet, but looking and have questions.

I'm somewhat a car guy, and have owned many makes and types and work on them when I have time. If anyone is on Tundratalk, I'm around there a lot as Slate CrewMax.

My absolute favorite Mustang would be the '70 Mach 1, but am looking at a considerably newer one currently. I'll mention it here, so any input is appreciated.

It's a '95 with the 3.8 and 5 speed, 140k miles. I think I could pick it up for $1100-1200. But it does need some work. Body and interior are decent, but he says it needs a water pump which he has, a head gasket and clutch. But it runs and drives. Sound like too much work for the money?
  2. madspeed

madspeed Colonel Mustard Mod Dude Founding Member

Somewhere on a hill in the PA wildnerness
    all depends on what your mechanical abilities are and whether or not its the car you want. Me personally would pass, but we're all different!
  3. Triple R

Triple R New Member

Thanks for the input. I have a teenage daughter that wants it, she is currently driving an S10 Blazer. I've done a fair amount of car repairs over the years, just no head gaskets yet. The guy has had it listed for about a month, so maybe I'll wait and see if he drops the price a little more.
  4. Triple R

Triple R New Member

Oh yeah, here's a photo:
    [​IMG]