Greetings from So Cal!

skywalker

Dec 22, 2003
Pensacola, FL
I arrived in the San Diego airport around 10:20 local time yesterday. I've been sick with the flu since friday so the 5 hour flight...well sucked. The stewardess gave me a blanket and I was still shivering. Oh well.

We finally arrived at our hotel around 14:00. An hour and a half in traffic, the rest waiting on the rental car place. The upside was that I got a lot of sleep last night, feel much better this morning (I'd put myself at about 80% of normal.) Hotel is nice, got cable with limited channels and wireless internet, couple blocks from the beach and we're right around a lot of bars. I'm told our facilities are Pendleton are a lot better than what we are used to in Atlanta, the downside being that we're no longer on the relatively lax Navy base. And hey, I have today off since our birds and gear have not arrived yet.

• Sponsors (?)

skywalker said:
Hotel is nice, got cable with limited channels and wireless internet, couple blocks from the beach and we're right around a lot of bars.

Holiday Inn Express, backed into a little copse off the East Side of I-15?

And welcome back to the Left Coast. Friend of mine (Lead Guy on our local sales crew) retired as CSM of Pendleton a few years ago.

skywalker said:
I arrived in the San Diego airport around 10:20 local time yesterday. I've been sick with the flu since friday so the 5 hour flight...well sucked. The stewardess gave me a blanket and I was still shivering. Oh well.

We finally arrived at our hotel around 14:00. An hour and a half in traffic, the rest waiting on the rental car place. The upside was that I got a lot of sleep last night, feel much better this morning (I'd put myself at about 80% of normal.) Hotel is nice, got cable with limited channels and wireless internet, couple blocks from the beach and we're right around a lot of bars. I'm told our facilities are Pendleton are a lot better than what we are used to in Atlanta, the downside being that we're no longer on the relatively lax Navy base. And hey, I have today off since our birds and gear have not arrived yet.

welcome to the area, hope you enjoy your time here. i also hope the damn weather gets sunny for you too. i wish you been here last weekend, we coulda went to knottsl, there isn't really too much going on here right now, anyway..........have fun :banana:!

StangDreamin' said:
Holiday Inn Express, backed into a little copse off the East Side of I-15?

And welcome back to the Left Coast. Friend of mine (Lead Guy on our local sales crew) retired as CSM of Pendleton a few years ago.

Negative, an extended stay type place in carlsbad. We love it! :nice:

BTW, it rained on our drive from airport to hotel. Last time I was in cali, it was for 6 months and I never saw a damned drop of rain. This time it rained on the first day!