Drivetrain Grinding Noise From Clutch 05 Gt

Discussion in '2005 - 2009 Specific Tech' started by dta5207, Oct 30, 2012.

1. dta5207

dta5207 New Member

Last week my car started making a funny noise when I accelerated in first second third and fourth gear. There is also a loss of power. Sounds like a grinding metal plate and I can feel it in the gas. It also continues after I take my foot off the gas for a second. Runs in fourth okay but also with some noise.

Trying to avoid taking to the dealership and being reeled in by diagnostic fee. What are some ways that I can figure out if it is indeed the clutch going bad? Has anyone ever put one of these in? I know I'll have to drop the transmission. Just trying to get an idea of how hard the job would actually be.

It has 120,000 miles on it. I am the third owner and I just bought Four months ago.

Thanks in advance
  2. TicketMeRed05GT

TicketMeRed05GT Member

Bad clutches show up as a slip when applying the gas. (RPM goes up with no following acceleration.) You should never be hearing anything that sounds like grinding metal! As much as you don't want to, sounds like you need a trip to the mothership to let them take a look.

Good luck.
  3. 05PhillyStang

05PhillyStang Member

I just started experiencing what seems to be the same thing. Did you ever find out what it was?
  4. 05PhillyStang

05PhillyStang Member

So I just returned from the transmission shop. The tech could not pinpoint the source of the noise. Has anyone else experience this? Any advice?