Grip Force Rotors?

• Sponsors (?)

I know that if the holes are drilled and not cast in the will crack...

Why not get the FRPP drilled and slotted rotors, those are porobably cast in cause Ford quality is job one (seriously...)

Do you EVEN NEED new rotors?

Need may be questionable, but the car has 104k miles, so I'd prefer to purchase new rotors instead of having the stock ones turned. The primary reason I'm asking about Grip Force is the cost. There are certainly numerous other brands (FRPP, PowerSlot, etc.), but these caught my eye due to cost. I am aware (as most people are) that drilled rotors are susceptible to cracking, but for the price, I like the look (they're also zinc washed).

You know after I made my reply I followed the link and they DO look pretty cool and damn cheap... Also, rusty rotors SUCK so you have to like the coating.

Maybe someone who has actually used them will reply...

For me, truthfully I wouldn't spend the money on unknown/unproven equipment, especially something as important as brakes. Yea, they are a good price, but if they warp/crack within the first year of use then you have to spend more money to get new rotors (unless you can find a shop that will turn them, but then you'll be taking material from the rotor, and so on and so on.....you see a slippery slope here?!?!?) anyways. You def. know they are going to be very prone to cracking due to the fact that they are already telling you that the holes are drilled rather than cast. I'd just go with quality brembo replacements, or if you want that zinc finish and the slot look, go with PowerSlots. For the most part, they have proven themselves to withstand abuse w/o warping, have the plating, and look pretty good as well.

Those are all very good points 01BlkGT. However, the reason I am even considering these rotors is their price. There are definitly other rotors out there that I know more about, but they cost 3-4 times as much as these. My car only sees street duty (this heavy vert will never see a road course), so I'm basically just pondering the benefits/negatives of either having the stock 104k rotors turned, or buying inexpensive replacements (such as the Grip Force). I also like the "look" of drilled and slotted rotors.

Nah, I can respect that but what I guess I dont know if you understand or not is that those rotors will more than likely warp. If they do (especially since they only warranty them for 90 days), then you'll be spending the money for the 1st set of rotors + the costs of replacements + install prices twice (assuming you dont do it yourself). Also keep in mind that b/c they are cross-drilled and slotted, you actually have less braking surface area that with plain rotors. This means that the 11" rotor in the front is actually giving you the braking force of a solid 10" or less. Same to be said for the rear. B/c of the lack of material to absorb heat, they will run hotter than a solid disc/slotted only. That along with the fact that the holes are drilled out of the rotor.....bad combo imo. Reason the price is soo low for the 4 of them is b/c they prob machined the cheapest rotors they can get. Just looking at your mod list, you've put a lot of money in the car already, and I'd hate to see it go to waste b/c you can't stop in an emergency situation. To me, it'd be worth paying the extra $40 and get brembo solid disc replacements:

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resu...t=premium&perfcat=perf&perfcat=track&x=99&y=2

there is also other choices on their as well.

I pretty much agree with all of your points, but there are a few things that might be questionable. I'm not too sure that the slots and holes will reduce your affective braking area enough to say that you've in affect gone from an 11" rotor to a 10" rotor. But I get your point. However, it is NOT true that the rotor will run hotter b/c of the holes. The missing material will aid in heat dissipation due to the increase in available surface area for convection. The material is not trying to 'absorb' heat as you state. It's trying to pass the heat along to the air.

Bottom line....you're probably right in thinking you get what you pay for, I'm just wondering if this is one of those things worth taking a chance on....