Ground pounder suspension...

• Sponsors (?)

Notice to all customers - Dennis Hilliard, D.B.A. Central Coast Mustang (CCM) A.K.A Ground Pounder, or Granatelli is no longer an authorized distributor or installer of Griggs Racing Products (GRP). The presence of the GRP logo and GR-40 trade names in CCM advertising is inaccurate. Griggs Racing Products cannot guarantee the authenticity of GRP products purchased through Central Coast Mustang, and cannot provide warranty or technical assistance for any product or service purchased through Central Coast Mustang.

Bruce Griggs

Don't buy rip off parts, they have been known to rip off parts from MM and Griggs before

tomustang said:
depends on the bushings, but if i were you i would throughly look over the welds on the parts before you install them

Ive had them installed for about 25000 miles. I just was really wandering if I needed to upgrade again. They have worked out fine as far as I can tell. I am just going to be adding some serious power in the near future and I am now on the suspenion component of my build.

ganador01 said:
Ive had them installed for about 25000 miles. I just was really wandering if I needed to upgrade again. They have worked out fine as far as I can tell. I am just going to be adding some serious power in the near future and I am now on the suspenion component of my build.
as in launching/strip? if so look into a helm joint type LCA, rubber/polys bushings tend to tear out of the housings on hard repetative launches

example

MMRLCA-30.jpg

tom is correct... the more force you are putting on them the more you need to step into at the very least delrin if not a complete spherical joint like he listed above. GP systems are nothing great, but can be usable under near stock conditions. i have read a handfull of threads about people launching their cars with GP LCAs to have them bend to a 90* angle under stress.

MM would be where you want to go with if you are really planning on gaining some power, or at the very least Steeda.

Torinalth

cute... not suprised though... better then stock :p

on an off topic noticed in that thread a guy was mentioning the UCA bushings comming out... backed my car up onto the curb and took a look and bam.. BOTH UCA axle bushings are comming out... sigh. more damn work... not ready to go trilink yet... credit cards are still not happy.

Torinalth

Torinalth said:
tom is correct... the more force you are putting on them the more you need to step into at the very least delrin if not a complete spherical joint like he listed above. GP systems are nothing great, but can be usable under near stock conditions. i have read a handfull of threads about people launching their cars with GP LCAs to have them bend to a 90* angle under stress.

MM would be where you want to go with if you are really planning on gaining some power, or at the very least Steeda.

Torinalth

Thanks for the info. I guess I will stick with my GP's until I bend them :). I will look into it again once I throw on my new tranny with the transbrake. I figure, I will be able to get some definitive results from these GP's and know whether i need to upgrade. Ill bring my stockers along just in case I do break them at the track.

Torinalth said:
cute... not suprised though... better then stock :p

on an off topic noticed in that thread a guy was mentioning the UCA bushings comming out... backed my car up onto the curb and took a look and bam.. BOTH UCA axle bushings are comming out... sigh. more damn work... not ready to go trilink yet... credit cards are still not happy.

Torinalth

Eeks thats no good. I inspected mine, they look ok up to this point.