grounds

aleborjas

Sep 11, 2005
hi, i want to know where do the 2000 mustang gt uses all the grounds because i have an electrical problem because the odometer numbers gets bright dark etc but the mayor problem is when i hit the pedal the car sometimes (almost always) just turns off(makes like a pop sound before it gets off) and all the gauges goes alltheway up and then they go again to zero, i hit the switch again and turns on like nothing happened and i don't feel good performance (right now its sucks) now to the and in iddle sometimes is rich and black smoke by the exhaust and sometimes is ok and if you try to accelerate it to 4k (example) in neutral (the car is manual) the engine starts going up and down and smeels too much rich (wuuuupopopoowuuuupopopo something like that :rlaugh: ) i'm going to try tu upload a video but i want to check where are all the grounds to check them!

• Sponsors (?)

That could be alot of things. Right off the bat, I would go get your battery charged and tested. There's alot of reasons for that, but I'm not going to go into it to save me some typing. Then, go get the alternator tested. If that takes care of your dash light issue, then get some new plugs, and see if it still runs like crap. If it does, then I will start pointing the blame at a random COP going bad. It's gotta be one of the three parts not doing the job here. If the alternator isn't putting out enough to fire the cops hot enough, then it will stumble like that. Same thing if a COP is bad, as well. Don't try to pinpoint the bad COP with bad plugs though. It makes it so much easier with a fresh set.

i've changed the alt, new battery 1000amps the car still the same i want the eec pinout of that car to check computers cable continuity one by one...
i alredy cleaned all the grounds (next to the battery, the ones behind headlamps, the one next to the computer) i dont know were is an other one...