gt-40 crate engine dyno wtf

Yes, it very well could be your intake gaskets, people tend to use the wrong one, unknowingly.

I'll ask BD tommorrow what the correct gasket is, because he's been through the identical thing.

• Sponsors (?)

to me those numbers dont seem that far off, i had the same combo with the only difference being an edelbrock rpm II and 24# injectors and my car made 265,

every dyno is different too try somewhere else and see what the car makes, i wouldnt be so dissapointed about the numbers, the dyno to me isnt about what the car makes but its a tool to get the car running to its potential and if ur happy with the way its running thats waht matters not some piece of paper.

just my opinion cause i felt the same way when i dynoed my car n/a

dont want to invade this thread but hey rick ... u prolly remember me i have that dark shadow gray mustang from around town. sorry i just saw the pic in the thread about front mount intercooler and remember that car out front of ur house and figured out this was u ... just wanted to say hi
oh and I'm the one that works at weis

fordguy87 said:
dont want to invade this thread but hey rick ... u prolly remember me i have that dark shadow gray mustang from around town. sorry i just saw the pic in the thread about front mount intercooler and remember that car out front of ur house and figured out this was u ... just wanted to say hi
oh and I'm the one that works at weis

hehe..yeah that is me. Hopefully that guy comes up with some money so it can go away if not I going to start driving that beast around.

Have a good hoilday...

on the first attempt the shop used stock size gasket , on the last two attempts they used the 1262-r because as you and frpp said the only fel pro one is the 1262-r and the ford one is 9439-A50...So im trying the ford 9439-A50 this time see if it helps any...thanks 2000xp8,was wondering if you could comment about the bowl blending and valve job,, is the bowl blending porting?? thanks again for all the help too...merry x-,mas everyone

Rick 91GT said:
Just wondering why the R? That port is huge, much larger then the port on his head or intake, same thickness as a 1262 so I am a little lost?
Something about where it sits i believe in relation to the bridge area (don't quote me on that).
BD had an issue with a New gt40x crate engine burning oil. Called ford for warranty, they asked what gasket he used, and the R was not it, they told him to switch it and call back, but they didn't need to, because it stopped burning oil.

The bowl area is a spot inside the exhaust port, it's hard to describe (at least for me), without having an undone and done head in front of you. If you have a trustworthy machine shop, just ask them to do it.

well it seems to be the intake seal was the culprit for oil getting into the combustion chamber...The ford gaskets that i had the shop try failed too though...The shop got hold of some better gskets through their engine buillder and it seems like they got it this time..the idle improved and my hp and tq #s peaked at higher rpms (more where they should be).. My new numbers are 255.52rwhp@5200 rpm and [email protected] also did a run with a conical air filter and hood open and got another 4hp and 6ft-lbs-Do you think I would see the same gain in hp and tq with a jlt performance rai kit in the real world as they did on the dyno with the conical or should i stick with the stock air box and k&n drop in? Also the shop didnt want to go beyond 14 degrees intial timing and others have told me that i need at least 16 or 18...what do you guys think about more timing, is that the problem not enough ? Im still dissapointed with my numbers although im glad to fix the oil and intake problems as well as getiing my peak numbers at a higher rpm..