GT 500 splitter on a California Special

white07gt-cs

Dec 20, 2006
I've seen some examples of folks with GT's installing the GT500 front valence/splitter on their rides. Based on the photos, I THINK I can install one on my Cal Special front spoiler.

My question is; will the splitter/valence just increase downforce or does it reduce the drag as well? I know that the splitter is funtional and I think it will look good if I can CLEANLY install it on the CS front facia, but I don't want to add a "virtual parachute" on an already less than ideal front end from an aerodynamic standpoint. Thanks for any input you can provide.

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldnt do it, it doesnt match up perfectly to a gt bumper, I think a CS bumper would be worse, plus think about what thats gonna do for your ground clearance, you should already be pretty low with the CS chin spoiler adding the GT500 chin will make it had for you to make it over speed bumps even.

I have to agree don't do it. The car looks great as is. Adding that spoiler would just look horrible. I would sooner tell you to buy a new fascia. Like Stan said our cars are a special edition. If you plan on holding on to it for a while why hurt the resale.