Gt Cat Back On A V6

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by j966er, Jun 6, 2014.

1. j966er

j966er New Member

Please forgive me if this has already been asked . I want to redo my whole exhaust headers, x pipe an a cat back but all the cat backs for v6 that I see have a y on it. So my question is if I have a x pipe for a v6 will a gt cat back fit ? Also what your opinions on Mac products ?

2. 38stang

Founding Member

Yes a gt cat back will fit if you have a H-pipe or X-pipe for a v6.
    Theres nothing wrong with mac exhaust.

3. j966er

j966er New Member

Thanks 38stang . Now my car has dual exhaust on it now but I'm not sure if it is a good set up . The previous owner had cut the y pipe off right behind the cats and put pipe back to the flowmasters then to what looks like a cat back with 3" tips . It sucks because it is all welded an the only place to take it off is at the headers. I believe this is called divorced dual exhaust but please correct me if I'm wrong.

4. 38stang

Founding Member

Your right they put a divorced dual exhaust on it. I never liked it when people that ether. Its never easy to work on.

5. 69gmachine

69gmachine Member

Pacesetter makes an H-pipe that will mate with the GT dual cat back exhaust and then you cut and weld the y pipe so you get true dual exhaust. American Muscle has it for $145.

If you want an x-pipe you can get one for a v8 without cats from Pypes for $195 but then you'll need to take it to a shop to get them to fit it to the modified y pipe.

6. j966er

j966er New Member

I do not have a y pipe on my car . It goes from the heads to one cat on each side then to the flowmasters then to 3" tips out the back