GT/CS?

Ok saw one of these on the road the other day. A newish Mustang V-8 with a mid body stripe with the lettering "GT CS" just like the old California Specials. Is this a special edition sanctioned by Ford or just a stripe kit sold by the after market. It was a very nice car from what I could tell.

• Sponsors (?)

there is a GT/CS package available from ford. :nice:

fordvehicles.com said:
To get the California flair you start with a GT Premium package. The California Special then adds unique California Special Dove or Parchment ""GT Leather"" trimmed inserts and Black with Dove or Black with Parchment interior color scheme. The front and rear floormats include the special Mustang badging.

Exterior accents include side scoops and unique front and rear fascias. The front fascia has a larger air intake and is actually 1.5-inches lower than the standard GT. The rear fascia is also cut differently with less tuck-in.

The polished aluminum wheels are 18-inches with a bright machined rim and are wrapped with Z-branded all-season tires.

Bright rolled exhaust tips and unique tape striping add the finishing touches.

It's a special edition from Ford. Basically just appearance package.

http://www.planetmustang.com/general_news/2007_mustang_gt_california_special_000704.asp

Few Coupe photos:
CaliforniaSpecial2.jpg

CaliforniaSpecial4.jpg

CaliforniaSpecial7.jpg

CaliforniaSpecial3.jpg

Personally I like the CS appearance package and I'm contemplating selling my '01 for a GT/CS.

Attachments

• CaliforniaSpecial2.jpg
    CaliforniaSpecial2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 56
  • CaliforniaSpecial4.jpg
    CaliforniaSpecial4.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 30
  • CaliforniaSpecial7.jpg
    CaliforniaSpecial7.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 66
  • CaliforniaSpecial3.jpg
    CaliforniaSpecial3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 56
Look at Ford's web site. You'll find all the details. Or pick up a 2007 Ford Mustang brochure, if your dealer will let you have one. The details and photos are in it.
There are some seat color combinations only available in the package. They are nice and I wish they were available for all models.

stanmckinney said:
Look at Ford's web site. You'll find all the details. Or pick up a 2007 Ford Mustang brochure, if your dealer will let you have one. The details and photos are in it.
There are some seat color combinations only available in the package. They are nice and I wish they were available for all models.

lol my dealer said they didnt have any and for me to go online and order one. they havent sent me one yet. its been three months. :bs:

nwoh50 said:
Save the money and just buy a GT and custom it to what you want or like.
Unless you really like the front/rear bumpers

all your paying for is the decals :bs:

I would like to see someone get a different front and rear fascia and have it painted to match and installed for what little you pay for the new appearance of the CS. :shrug:

Plus you get custom Two tone interior. The cute little girl does not come with the car. Although CS could mean "cute smile"

Plus the 18" polished wheels are part of the package so if your like them and was going to add anyway your not paying as much IMO.

x1pyOKpfgDESZ4LMTNzkhAPc2jNz4DPcnaIfJahn0P2SA9dycO9wZJ1v5NTIkBBPZVgxFOa8lvyjFrzIx9-L3F2H2tlDjI26DTVyRYbe6Yj-2DpSx8ROT7j8T1H5eKbNm_rbBh5M7wD5D8

x1pyOKpfgDESZ4LMTNzkhAPc62BFxFbpHdx5uUr1RWV37h8QXetJGwVNpMg9fJr8oVcyD73VIj_xnLnHddn3x6YLXqsHkFndWhZVvmFRRwUDbT2PfNU8tSU-Q_WqSYlXlwstPwq-q9ZlK4

My dealer had the 2007 Mustang brochures hidden. He said he was told my Ford to only give them to customers who asked for one and then make certain they only got one.
I got one. My daughter, who just bought a 2007 Fusion, also asked and got one.
Some people are selling them for several dollars on ebay.
I guess that's why Ford is limiting them.
I have a collection of all brochures since day 1. I try to get them for free but that's getting tougher all the time.
I agree that the CS option is a bargain compared to doing all that otherwise. The two-tone interior, in my opinion, is great. I wish that option was available seperately.

Yeah, I heard about the ebay thing as well...

I have one from my visit to the dealer. And you can order the 2-tone seats without the CS / GT box checked. My seats will have the Black / Dove inserts.

The 2 tone on the non CS does not have the set inset. I just got my black/parchment GT and it has everything except that seat inset. I had thought the GT with the 2 tone would have it, but nope.

No, the option is definitely available on a regular GT. I have it on my black/parchment 2007 GT. It has the parchment door panels with black insets in the doors, parchment headliner, and solid black seats. The California Special just gets the inset of the seat parchment as well. I'll try and get some picts when I get home.

jay07 said:
No, the option is definitely available on a regular GT. I have it on my black/parchment 2007 GT. It has the parchment door panels with black insets in the doors, parchment headliner, and solid black seats. The California Special just gets the inset of the seat parchment as well. I'll try and get some picts when I get home.

I think what they were saying is just what you confirmed the the standard GT's can not get the two-toned seats like on CS shown above. Not the two toned interior.

Does anyone know about the speakers shown in the rear set of the California Special picture earlier in this thread? Is that a Shaker 1000 option, C/S options, or Shaker 500?

I have the 500 on mine and although it says it has 8 speakers, I don't have any in my rear seats, just the back deck. My understanding is that they count one of the pairs as 4 speakers because they are two way. Can anyone verify that? Just trying to make sure I'm not missing something I'm supposed to have :).

jay07 said:
Does anyone know about the speakers shown in the rear set of the California Special picture earlier in this thread? Is that a Shaker 1000 option, C/S options, or Shaker 500?

I have the 500 on mine and although it says it has 8 speakers, I don't have any in my rear seats, just the back deck. My understanding is that they count one of the pairs as 4 speakers because they are two way. Can anyone verify that? Just trying to make sure I'm not missing something I'm supposed to have :).

My car so I can tell you 100% Shaker 500 only. :)

blbrchnk said:
Does anyone else have some pictures of some more 2007 c/s in other colors? I think I am starting to like the looks of it.

I don't have any other pics of the GT/CS on hand, but the only color options available right now in Black, Performance white, Red Fire, and Vista Blue. The stripe down the side is black on every color and the interior options are black and parchment or black and dove.

If I ever decide on getting one, I'm hopefully going to go white with the black and dove interior.