Gt Hood, or Hoods

bgbg22

Dec 5, 2005
Hey guys i have the stock 2000 GT hood, and i was wondering if the 2001 version with the fake air scoop would fit on the 2000, or if i could just buy that air scoop n put it on my stock hood?

• Sponsors (?)

i bought mine off ebay, but to be honest in the end its really not worth the cost to put paint it and have it installed because i remember it ended up costing me like 250$, and that was cheap because the body shop i went to was a little beaner shop

For the money you will end up spending you mine as well just buy an aftermarket hood and get something unique

The '01 hood is the exact same as the '00 hood. I imagine it would be easier to just get your hands on an '01 hood and swap them out. If there's a Mustang club around you go see if any of those guys have done hood swaps and have their stocks still lying around. They might sell it to you cheap. But why not just get a really nice after market hood instead? Be different.

The '01 hood is the exact same as the '00 hood.

Which is the same as the '02 hood, which is the same as the '03 hood, which is the same as the '04 hood.

The only difference is that the fake scoop change the number of bolts it used from the first optional one in '01, to the one used on '02 to '04.

And didn't the V6 with the pony package come with the GT hood w/scoop for '03 and '04 ???