GT on 7-up?

njoliver

Nov 25, 2009
Columbus OH
Hey guys just seeing what other people think, I was thinking of putting a GT body kit on my 7-up edition so I can utilize the fog light holes for brake ducts. Think it will be stupid and take away the 7-up look?

• Sponsors (?)

Not a GT, but heres a Saleen.. kind of gives you an idea
mdmp_0612_07_z+1990_saleen_7up_mustang+mustang_photoshoot.jpg

Think it will be stupid and take away the 7-up look?

I dont think the 7up car has a "look" really, besides the fact that its green with a white top, but i dont think putting a GT kit on a rare car like that is a good idea because the dudes that are into that super duper special edition are usually really anal

Thanks for your guys response I didnt think the kit would add really any weight, I didnt think about that! I am going to track it, It is going to fine being a convertible(wythors). I think having some extra cooling on the brakes would be a wise idea. I am trying to keep the 7-up look going though and it would take it away tottally so far the only thing that people will see that isnt 7-up is a roll cage and racing seats( stock seats are pretty heavy!). I will have to see if I have any break problems I am using cobra brakes so they are not top of line just a little worried about brake fade. It was just an idea on top of my head I just wanted see what people thought about it thinks for your guys input.:D

The 7-UP Bottling Company was to give away thirty of these cars at the 1990 National Collegiate Athletic Association basketball finals in the United States. In an audience participation contest, anyone sinking a basket from centre court with one try, was to drive home in one of the cars. At the last minute, the contest was canceled. 1990 Limited Edtion Mustang Convertible - General Information
Production of these cars started in December of 1989, with only two cars being built.

Full production began February 2, 1990 with the final car being built May 29, 1990. The convertibles all started out as coupes, and had the hardtop removed prior to shipment to Cars & Concepts of Brighton, MI. The plan was to build 5,000 but only 4,103 were built. The breakdown of the production numbers is as follows:
- Total production: 4,103
- Number of 5-Speeds: 1,360
- Number of Automatics: 2,743
- Number of vehicles exported: 261

The 1990 Limited Edition LX Convertible has some features which differentiate it from other Mustang models. These features include:
- Deep Emerald Green Clearcoat Metallic Paint (code PA)
- Colour-keyed body side moldings, fasciamoldings and side view mirrors- White Leather Interior
- White Convertible Top
- 15" GT Aluminum Wheels

All 7-UP cars came with the 225 horsepower 5.0 EFI engines, but for those who wanted more, Steve Saleen provided an aftermarket supercharger installation. At least a dozen cars were so equipped.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres my opinion...Even though there is not really anything real "special" about the car. It was a limited number production so keep it what it is.

I would prefer to have the exported ones or the saleen modified ones