GT Suspension

roy1616

Apr 12, 2008
Pa
I want to change my suspension from the stock V6 setup to the GT setup. Are there any kits out there for this? I have looked and havent been able to find any. Also if there arent any kits what all would i need to get to make the switch? All comments/ideas are welcome.

• Sponsors (?)

There really isn't any "GT kit" available for your V6 suspension, since the only changes on the base GT are higher-rate front springs (due to the heavier engine) and a rear sway bar (the V6 doesn't come with one).

If you want to improve your car's handling, I recommend the Bullitt package. It's available from a number of sources, and includes front and rear sway bars (stiffer than the stock GT bars) and firmer struts, as well as the Ford Racing springs that will drop the car about 1/2". If you don't want to replace your struts and/or already have lowering springs, buying the Bullitt sway bars alone will greatly improve your handling.

EVERY V6 owner should install a rear sway bar of some kind! It was a mistake for Ford to delete it from the V6 for cost savings, since the car absolutely needs it for any degree of performance driving.

As for a drop , i recommend eibach pro kit which drops 1.5" . Others include CC plates , tokico shocks/struts , GT sway bar , shock tower bar , and also a strut tower brace. those things would make your v6 handing a world of diffrence!:nice: