GT take-offs or flowmaster

lynnja232

Nov 28, 2006
I am a new owner of a 2006 v6 mustang 5sp and I was doing some research on exhaust, Would it be better to get a kit that includes pypes xpipe and gt take off mufflers(300$)full kit, or go with a single flowmaster(200$) for 50resto.com. Sound is what im going with and of course the price is a factor too. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think he meant the only thing in the kit was the mufflers for $300. I took it as it included some other stuff including the Pypes X-Pipe.

The only thing you need is a mid pipe for a GT, a driver side over the axle pipe from a GT, hangers, and the two GT mufflers. I only used one hanger but it does have a little bit of movement so I'd recommend just doing both if you've got the cash. I used my factory H Pipe and cut it to fit. I just cut the bumper with a hole saw in the same spot opposite of the factory cutout. Than just used a side grinder to make a cut down from each side of the circle. Than cleaned it up with the Dremel.

It looks pretty damn good. It sounds a lot better than anything else I've heard on the V6s, too. The only thing is that there are realistically zero gains from switching to dual pipes unless you're running forced induction. A GT muffler or Magnaflow, etc is good for 10 rwhp on the 4.0L though. If you want it for the looks than I say go for it because it does make it look a lot better !! I hope this helps. :nice:

This is a bad picture but ...

View attachment 268769

Mustang_V6_Exhaust_Conversion_KIT_Manual

thats the link for the gt take-off kit, Ive been reading a few other sites and they said they had to cut alittle off on the tips because they stuck out to far. I like the flowmasters that are on my 99 v6 (dual) and they sound great. I dont know how they would sound and if I would have to cut anything on the back bumper. I like the look of the rolled tips on your mustang but I dont think this kit comes with it.