Fox Gt40 Head Porting And Build Question?

track altitude is 192ft. they call this "low country". the humidity is okay, not as bad as Florida. the other track is at 62ft and it just reopened. id love to be able to rip a hellcat apart. but I know what that would take. funny enough, it wouldnt take much more than what I have.

• Sponsors (?)

Those are great elevations to race at! If track prep is well done, you should see your sub 12.50 timeslip. Not sure on your race experience. So just a FYI...slicks are really hard on drivetrain and torque boxes(these are located where the rear controll arms are mounted to the floors). If you have not reinforced these yet, they are a MUST DO! Also I recommend a driveshaft safety loop. With a dead hook there is a high likelihood of parts failure. Try to run enough air pressure and launch rpm to get an ever so slightly tire spin. You'll still 60ft well and not be as violent on the car. Sometimes this means more rpm vs less. It's really a trial and error experiment.

On the street our cars can't run with the new "muscle cars". Not unless you're making 350-400+rwhp(depending on the particular competition), and you have the suspension,chassis,tire combo fine tuned. At the track...you still need these same things but there can be more leeway. Most of the modern performance cars are 12.00 sec or slower(unless they are modded also) and not many are using slicks,etc on their 40k+ cars. With your setup you'll be competitive with most stock cars. At least in straight line performance. Lol

Reactions: 1 user
Btw, I had this odd problem at wot that yall may be able to help me with. My uncle ported my lower and he thinks it might be the issue.
Problem is, with the stock tb, it pulled great,regardless of wot or 3/4. When I put on my 65mm tb, it seemed to pull way better at 3/4 throttle than the stocker did at wot. But when I went wot, it nosed over and felt more like I let out. Make any sense to yall?
This was also with the stock cam, with the heads and such that I have but 19lb injectors

Hey @hoopty5.0 , I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into posting all that helpful info. If i were in need of that kind of info and someone went to that much trouble to help me, I'd be grateful!:nice:

:leaving:

Reactions: 2 users