GT40 Intake Gasket Help

NewToFord

Oct 7, 2008
CT
ok I put my GT40 lower intake on last week. I used the lower gaskets from a 90 5.0. The year of my block. All of the bolts lined up perfect. Now I see that I need other ones for the upper gasket. But are all of the lower gaskets the same? Do the ports line up correctly? Or do I need a cobra or explorer lower gasket? I'm having a paranoid moment. Please help.

• Sponsors (?)

ahhh do you mean I have the wrong gasket on for the lower intake? I did not check the gasket up against the manifold, but I did put them against the head and they matched up. The way I look at it I know that this manifold bolted to these heads on the guys car I bought them from. And the gasket matched up to the heads so wouldn't these gaskets work? Again I am just talking about the lower. I just put it all together and I dont want to pull it apart only to dicover it fit anyway.

Posted via Mobile Device

get a gasket set for an explorer and you will be fine. As far as I can tell all the 302 lower gaskets are the same. I just put lower gaskets for a 302 truck onto my motor. It has gt40 heads and an eddy performer intake. Everything matched up fine.