GT40 Lower Intake question...

Hey Guys

I bought a gt40 tubular intake that came with the lower intake pictured below. I had it hot tanked and was prepping it for painting when it dawned on me that there is no EGR port or port for the air intake sensor.

I have a 1989 GT and being that I want to reuse the EGR valve, which lower intake plenum should I be looking for? I didn't realize there were different ones.

Please advise.

Also, it looks like I will be selling this one or trading for what I need.

View attachment 152304
View attachment 152305

THANKS!

• Sponsors (?)

If I remeember correctly it cost me $210 including shipping to/from MO from MD for TMOSS (thomas moss and brother matt) to port, sand, paint and drill provisions for egr return line and act sensor. Food for thought. As far as the years go, I cant help you there.

That lower intake is off of a 97 and later Explorer/Mountaineer. The ACT sensor boss is in place on the number 5 intake runner. You just need to drill and tap for it.

There are lower intakes on Ebay that have the EGR port. They usually sell for a little more than the non EGR manifolds.

The part number for the lower will be exactly the same as the part number you have now except it will end in -BA instead of -BB

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

you need an intake from an explorer built no later than early 96. anything previous to that is good to go. here is a pic of what we are talking about:

Attachments

• boss1.jpg
    boss1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 270
yes, thanks for clarifying. explorers built in late 95 had v8s for the 96 model year and late 96 for the 97 model year. at least through my junk yard digging thats what ive discovered.

pull up google,
find a pick and pull near you
you need any explorer-merk thats a 96 and, with the 5.0 mo´tow
take the coil pack braket out, its 3 bolts cut all the sparkplug wires
remove the wiring from the computer that is attached to the firewall that is directly above the plenum, so the back bolt can come out
everything else is straight foward and all wrentchin
hustle the guy tell him you only brought 30 bucks its shouldnt be any more then 45
it takes an hour tops

dont pay people to do things your capable of

i think i have 2 of the 96s ones and a lot of the others if anyone in ny needs