GT40 Motor Finally!

projectfiveo

Aug 30, 2005
Ok so I traded for a gt40 motor ive been wanting. It has 38,000 on rebuild, my question is what all can be used from the motor? im going to attemp to attack the heads myself but plan on getting it bored .30, not sure on what kinda pistons to go with. Im planning on getting trick flow stage 1 cam, and soon as i can afford it a on3 turbo. But anyway what all stays and what all has to go, its complete from oil pan to cpu, and wiring harness.

• Sponsors (?)

I think the common thing to do is get a better set of valve springs put on the heads, swap out the exploder cam for a stock HO, or like you said, the trick flow. Then run your electronics/fuel system.

Other than that, everything else should work fine.

I did the DYI porting on my P heads. Tmoss told me that there is no reason to port the lower intake with gt40/p heads as the intake already flows 10cfm better than the heads. I'm glad I didn't attempt to port it when I did the heads awhile back.

anyone have a good "how to guide" on porting? other then trickflow springs and 1.6 roller rockers what else do i need? and until i can get turbo i may spray. is there a better cam out then tf stage 1?

by the way this motor came out of a 99 mountaineer, i traded a cell phone and pistol for it, is that a good yr motor?