GT40 valve job

I got a set of GT40 cast iron heads for $200 that Im doing some mild porting on. I bought the Trick Flow spring kit for another $150. I found some one to cut new seats for $100.00.Is it worth the money or should I lapp them in and leave it at that. Im putting these on a 140k bottom end so some time in the next few years a new motor is in the plan. Is there a big gain doing the 3 angle seats or should I save my money? My setup will be the stock bottom end with B cam, the GT40's with 1.7 roller rockers,Explorer intake,70MM TB,19lb injectors and a 95gt MAF.

• Sponsors (?)

A valve job is always worth it. Probably produce more power than your home port work.
Now if you are only paying $100 i'd be a bit skeptical.
Normal price for a valve job including bowl cleanup and spring seat pressure should be in the $200 range.

Well it could be more than $100.00. I really dont know what is included in a full valve job. I dont want to spend a ton of money on cast iron heads. I just wanted them to cut the seats and I was going to lapp the valves in and install the valves myself. He said he got $6.00 per seat. Maybee this is a half assed way to do it. Like you say I here the valve job is worth some ponies, I just don't want to be $700.00 in to these cast iron heads when I can get a set of aluminum for a few hundred more.

Well it could be more than $100.00. I really dont know what is included in a full valve job. I dont want to spend a ton of money on cast iron heads. I just wanted them to cut the seats and I was going to lapp the valves in and install the valves myself. He said he got $6.00 per seat. Maybee this is a half assed way to do it. Like you say I here the valve job is worth some ponies, I just don't want to be $700.00 in to these cast iron heads when I can get a set of aluminum for a few hundred more.

I agree you don't want to be too deep in them.
Do not assemble them yourself, you need the head shop to make sure all the seat pressures match. They will have to be tested and shimmed as necessary.

I agree with having a shop do the work. I would cut a gt40 budget at 500 tops, including the purchase price of the price. Used aluminums start around 750 and will outflow gt40 heads all day.