gt40p, TF stg.1, TF street heat done (pics)

rio95

Nov 18, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
I just finished my gt40p install. The car drives perfect except for the fact that it won't idle yet. No bucking, missing or anything else. It wasn't responding to the throttle screw for some reason. I'm going to work on it later today.

p.s. The cai is not 100% finished yet.

Pics:

dsc01122s.jpg

dsc01124s.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

whats done to the heads?
why that cam?
what kind of #'s you looking for?
any reason you picked this combo?
Reason I ask is I was thinking of getting P's and either a SH intake or Typhoon
but could not decide on a cam.

the heads are ported with manley valves and comp. springs. I bought pretty much everything used, because cost was a huge factor for me. They are all good parts that I thought would work great together and I found awesome deals, so here I am. So far I am very impressed and love the powerband. It pulls very smooth all the way to at least 6k. Overall power increase especially after about 4800 rpms. I love the extra rpms, since I have 4.10's. That is the best part.

UPDATE:

I went home after work to try to get it to idle, and it took about 5 min. I was so happy. It looks like I def. won't be getting a dyno tune.

Sooooo, I drove it all night long and beat the hell out of it. I was a very happy man. Oh, and I think I scared a GTP. I also got to hear it cam finally since it idles now.

Track on wed. hopfully. If they let me race without a bat switch. I got warned last time. I'll just tell them it'll run 14's and they won't care. Plus, I have stock heads still (for an explorer).

I'm still pissed that my headers burned the high temp. paint off it 20 seconds. They look like crap now. Since my car is running, I don't car. Also, I forgot to add that my buddy knocked my hood off of a hook and it fell 5 feet. It took a quarter size chunk out of it. I was so mad, b/c it WAS flawless. Then I hit a jack on my fender and scratched it a bit. Not too bad though.

Yeah, all I did was adjust the IAC, then the TPS and it was fine. It idles a little high right now (900-1000), which I can bring down. I wanted it a touch high at first in case it surges and stalls. I drove it yesterday and today with no stalling, so I'll probably bump it down to 800 rpms to get more of the cam sound. I do have to give it a lil' gas after I first start it, but then it is dead solid.

The smile still hasn't still hasn't left me face. Is this normal?

:nice: Congrats I just did an h/c/i myself, the engine really comes alive at about 4k.
Did you install that stg1 cam straight up I retarded mine four degrees?

Good luck on getting the idle straight I still have to play with mine a little I can either get it to idle high 1000-1100 or low 500-600 but not in between plus I'm running a short belt setup and keep throwing belts :shrug: once I get those two things straight its off to the track for me.

cavscout371 said:
:nice: Congrats I just did an h/c/i myself, the engine really comes alive at about 4k.
Did you install that stg1 cam straight up I retarded mine four degrees?

Good luck on getting the idle straight I still have to play with mine a little I can either get it to idle high 1000-1100 or low 500-600 but not in between plus I'm running a short belt setup and keep throwing belts :shrug: once I get those two things straight its off to the track for me.

I installed it straight up. Yeah, 4k and up is alot more fun now.