GT500 LCA's on a GT

anthony05gt

Mar 18, 2006
Maryland
I was lucky enough to score a set of take off GT500 LCA's cheap to try on my GT to see if they would be a happy medium for wheel hop while still retaining a decent NVH level. I see Moss Mustang sells them and claims the bushings are a stiffer durometer. That seems to be BS. Here's their page > http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=57761&SortOrder=2 The arms have a different paint color and part number, but the actual bushings have the same part number. I threw them on and tried it out. DID NOT reduce wheel hop at all so don't make this mistake.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah I wouldn't figure they'd be much, if any, better than stock. They're still stamped, also, so even though they're more rigid than the GT ones, they still allow too much flex. I didn't notice an increase in NVH with my BMR ones or BBR ones. As long as they have poly bushings and you use good grease, there shouldn't be much more NVH, if any.

Actually, the stamped steel looks and is right strong. They are the same exact part from what I see. It's the soft bushings that cause most of the flex and wheel hop. Both LCA's have the exact same part # bushings so Moss Mustang has some bad information when they claim the bushing durometer is stiffer. I've got a buddy with the BMR stuff and he's constantly breaking bushings on the upper and the lowers.

If he's breaking bushings, it sounds like he's using the wrong grease. Petroleum based grease eats the bushings. I've got 2 years and 10,000 miles on my BBR ones and also haven't had any trouble with those.

I don't think it's Moss. Ford Racing states increased durometer and stiffness as well.

I got a set of Roush billet LCAs for $259 instead of the usual $408 at stage3motorsports.com this week, they include bushings. Seems pretty cheap compared to most billet ones.

I got a set of Roush billet LCAs for $259 instead of the usual $408 at stage3motorsports.com this week, they include bushings. Seems pretty cheap compared to most billet ones.

Be sure to mention how well they work. It won't matter if you got a good deal or not if they don't work. There seem to be a lot of mods on the mustang that the only reason they sell them is because they know we will have the urge to modify anything that we can afford to. I'm all about options, but I'm tired of reading about things that don't work as advertised or are just a scam.

I'm sure they didn't just blatently try to misinform us, probably just bad info like you guys said. I got them cheap so no big deal.It's only cash right? Just don't buy them...they are the same thing we already have.

DarkfireGT, Justin Burcham says they have lots of problems with breaking bushings with BMR lca's and uca's. He says Metco! all the way.

I will write back in when I install my Roush LCA's, they haven't been delivered yet. I have been happy with everything else I've gotten from Roush so far. I have driven in a GT500 and the wheel hop is pretty bad when you spin the tires so I wouldn't recommend GT500 take-offs to solve wheel hop on a GT.

The Roush stuff should perform just fine. They use poly bushings which are hard, but will make the car more noisy. That's what i was trying to avoid with this car. I'd like to see a decent ''middle of the road'' material used for bushings.

I've had rod-ended LCAs on a car before, I really didn't think the NHV was bad. It wasn't like a rattling or clattering. When I went over train tracks and the like it was more noticeable, but the sound and feel was always very solid, kinda liked it really.
Dan

I have a BMR UCA mount which has 2 position holes for changing instant center and a J&M poly-ball UCA. I'm using the lower position on the mount. This combination with stock GT500 LCA's has stopped the hop. Much better hook-up. The front end actually lifts during acceleration now.