GT500 or GT with extra $$ to mod?

911man

Oct 9, 2004
I am looking at getting a Mustang and although I can afford the GT500, I think the first year is going to be like the Mach 1. I am thinking I should just get a GT and put a supercharger and other mods. Even if I spend 10K in mods I will be well under the MSRP of the GT500. Only problem I see is re-sale value on the GT500 will be MUCH higher than a modded GT, probably make up more then the difference in price. Anyone else going throught the same decision?????????

• Sponsors (?)

depends on how long you plan to keep it. if you do plan to sell it, the mods actually hurt resale. it narrows down the buying audience. i know you wont be able to get a gt500 at msrp, so if you just want the power, mod the gt. if you want the gt500 for the historical significance, get the gt500.

If you can afford the GT500, at the inflated prices it will sell at (i.e; 55K-65K), i would buy it and leave it stock.
The GT would be a better choice if you like modding though.

I was originally going to order a GT500, but the crappy rods kind of busted my bubble. Since I have to build the motor anyway, I am ordering a Torch Red 06 GT and putting the Cervini's body kit on it. Plus, I can't get the GT500 on the D plan!