GT500 spoiler (what to buy)

91mini

Dec 6, 2004
I have seen someones how to install on here and they bought there spoiler from a company that cost about 148 non painted. I was wondering who on here has the GT500 spoiler, what did you pay, and how was the fitment? I know you get what you pay for, but I have seen some on ebay that cost 90 dollars. Has anyone tried any of these. I will definitely pay more if it meant that the fitment would be better but don't want to pay extra if the ones on ebay fit great also. It's not a hood which could be more critical on fitment issues so I am seriously thinking of going for the 90 dollar ones. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I purchased mine at Atlanta Mustang for just over $200 painted. This was before anyone had purchased any of the eBay ones, and I certainly wasn't going to trust them. Many people have since purchased the eBay spoilers and it appears that, in this case, you get more than you pay for. Paint match seems to be good and fitment seems fine as well.

I am going to buy mine unpainted. Is the site atlantamustangs.com? Any other comments would be greatly appreciated.
drop the s. atlantamustang.com

Might as well get a painted version. You'll spend more getting it painted than you would to buy a pre-painted one. Paint match is very good.

I got mine from atlantamustang.com shortly after Dark installed his. (of course that's where I :D the idea...along with several others...)
Fitment was good while only using two of the four original spoiler mounting holes. They provide two extra screws if you choose to drill the trunk lid and attach them further out towards the side. Between the two screws and the double sided tape, mine has come up just a bit on the passenger side, but is barely noticeable if you really look at it closely. Paint match/quality is excellent:nice:

drop the s. atlantamustang.com

Might as well get a painted version. You'll spend more getting it painted than you would to buy a pre-painted one. Paint match is very good.

Best friend is a painter. He just had a sonic blue mustang that they painted last week and has an extra quart already mixed. I get it painted for free. :D

Same here. Spoiler Store on ebay pre-painted satin silver. Match is perfect and quality excellent even after shipping all the way here to the UK. Believe me, I'm fussy and you'll not get better by paying more.

+1 this is one of the oddball cases where cheap really is good!

21553195778.jpg

See what I mean? 129 bucks can't beat that!

Attachments

• 21553195778.jpg
    21553195778.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 69
Not to steal the thread's direction the Watts link set me back about 600 bucks and let me tell you if I can only have one mod for the car that would be it. The only way to describe the change is a night and day difference in handling and precision. It is a quality piece that has seen a lot of research behind it.

My only complaint about it is the nature of the setup is prone to being very noisy if the install isn't done following the directions. I got in a rush to finish it and put the thing on half assed and uneven which over time shook itself loose in a few spots and now my car clunks hard when turning or leaning into a turn or over small uneven bumps. I talked to Jim Fay (the engineer) on the phone multiple times about the setup and the problems I'm now having and he sent me free of charge new mounting hardware as well as new bushings/washers he now adds to the system to keep noise down to help me with my situation.

Once I get my rear shocks and my sway bar I'll take the thing back apart and with the new pieces I'm certain everything will go back to being nice and quiet.