GTech'd the SVO Today...

• Sponsors (?)

Stinger said:
While I was at the track this weekend I ran the GTech a few times for the runs...here is the results of the GTech vs. track time:

Run 1: [email protected] Gtech: [email protected]
Run 2: [email protected] Gtech: [email protected]
Run 3: [email protected] Gtech: [email protected]

Differences:
1) +.3 and 3.5mph
2) +.5 and 1.0mph
3) +.3 and 1.4mph

Note these runs where in the 91 with the loss of power problem (I was faster than this last year at 13psi). The first run was a bad bog off the line so I think that's what threw the MPH off.

http://www.turboford.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=012454

140cilx...you don't believe me? I ran it like that 3 times at it was 93-94mph every time. We'll see how it runs for sure in a few weeks hopefully...I just destroyed the transmission...it's stuck in neutral. I hope it's a shift fork.

I knew I wasn't crazy thinking there was a seperate post on TF. Thanks for the info stinger, can't figure out why my "gtech" search didn't work unless the search is caps sensitive? oh well.

I've been curious to see actual track number comparisons for a while on the gtech before I bought one as I live about 90 miles from the closest drag strip. Think I might get me one once I get the car up and running.

Stinger, do you have the old gtech or the new graphic interface gtech pro??

140cilx...you don't believe me? I ran it like that 3 times at it was 93-94mph every time. We'll see how it runs for sure in a few weeks hopefully...I just destroyed the transmission...it's stuck in neutral. I hope it's a shift fork.

It's not the trap speed, it's the 9 psi. I don't think the boost could sit at 9 psi and it pull that. Been around to many of these cars now at the reunions and amongst my only little bevy of turboforders to believe it. If the recipe to do that is a FMIC, Big Throttle Body, blow-thru VAM, and your header, count on I'll be doing it. The recipe is almost complete w/ my 'vo barring picking up your header. So I need more data and results (timeslips). I'd like that to be true, shoot I'd drop both cars to 15 psi and trap triple digits! :hail2:

I'm sorry about your transmission, that was the first thing on mine to go once I got the power up. Mine blew the countershaft. It's worth it though as first is worthless on those trannies. Which WCT5 you putting in it? My SVO has an '87 TC version - fits the 3.45 perfect!

-keep us posted.

Matt...the head is off my red Merkur (blown up). Someone stole the keys to both my Merks and my Probe...WTF does anyone want with keys to 2 non-running cars and an untagged one?

Regular (cheap) gtech...not the new one. I picked it up on ebay when a guy was selling hundreds of them for 35 bux each.

140cilx...I was quite shocked/pleased to see the trap speed as well. It used to trap 88-89mph in stock form (which sounds about right). My stock gauge (not so accurate) says 10.5-11psi but every TF I've ever owned has ran 9psi (according to an autometer) when relying only on the actuator spring like the svo is now. I don't know what I'll do for a trans...gotta see what's wrong with this one first. JY T5's aren't exactly a bargain around here.

notched86 said:
:rlaugh:

That is the weirdest thing though. You've tried almost everything Stinger! I'm just prayin I don't run into these problems when I get my car. Keep us updated please, I really wanna know whats to blame for this mysterious loss of power.

Actually since stinger was at my shop we've added a kitchen, living room, and a tool room. :nice:

Stinger: you don't have to worry about my lightning whupin' ya, the c-clip came out of the rear and there isn't much else that holds the axle in so of course it slid out.

At least when your axle slid out you weren't hauling a borrowed jet-ski that the tire/wheel/axle assembly decided to get under and flip the ski on it's top at 65mph...it was only estimated at 3500 in damages...don't ask :nonono:

It happened a few years ago...I was lake testing my sister's jet-ski after I fixed a whole in the fiberglass. On the way home the axle in our truck slid out of the rear, rolled beside the truck for a while, rolled back the the trailer, stayed there for a while and then it grabbed the trailer and launched it about 5 feet in the air, flipped it over, and the jet-ski/trailer landed upside down on the highway...still rolling 65mph (brakes don't work too well with 3 wheels).

Come to find out our truck insurance wouldn't cover the damages (~3500) so I was stuck with the job of fixing it free of charge (minus supplies...it was mostly labor though). It broke the handlebar in 3 places, broke the throttle off, ground off a 4" tall 18" long 1/2" deep section of fiberglass in the side, badly cracked the handlebar cover, and of course bent up the trailer. Long story short I spent a full 2 weeks welding, tweaking, fiberglassing, puttying, sanding, priming, panting, applying decals, etc.

Then last summer I was tired of working after a long hot day so I decided to go ride it at the lake (my mom already had it in the water). So I get on, ride it for about 10 minutes and it throws a rod bearing, destroys the crank, rod, and piston, etc.). Guess who got to fix that free of charge? You guessed it :rolleyes:. Fortunately that was only about 600 in parts (crank, 2 rods, 2 pistons, gasket and seal set, etc.).

Needless to say I refuse to get anywhere near that jet-ski anymore...I even refused to start it after the rebuild...in my opinion it's cursed. Now I only ride my own.