guess 1/4 mile time...

dark-pony

Jun 9, 2004
can anybody guess the 1/4 time for a 2000 v6 with the following mods?

dual flowmasters
k&n CAI
ASP pulley
3:73 gears
reprogrammed chip

that's where i plan to have it sit by the end of the summer...so after some practice i think it may run about 16? and about 170rwhp?

any other bolt on mods that will help the performance?

what kind of superchargers are v6 guys running anyways?

thx,
t

• Sponsors (?)

super302 said:
You could maybe hit high 15's...can you drive good? Is it a manual, b/c they are faster. Maybe 25hp over stock, gears help out a lot for accel (no hp gain tho)

MAYBE high 15's??? I ran a 15.5@90 when all I had was Cobra Take-off exhaust, filter, and heavy 17" Bullitts, and I pulled a crappy 2.331 60ft. Now this guy has:

dual flowmasters (+2hp over mine)
k&n CAI (+8hp)
ASP pulley (+7hp)
3:73 gears (-.2sec)
reprogrammed chip (+5hp)

and, I am assuming, lighter wheels. This guy, with a 2.1 or less 60ft could end up in the 14's with great driving, but my guess would be somewhere in the low 15's assuming average driving and good track conditions.

dual flowmasters (+2hp over mine) (strange..the stock exhaust is fine)
k&n CAI (+8hp) (surprised it is not 20 like K&N claims)
ASP pulley (+7hp) (really, most guys gain 1-2 rwhp peak, 3-4 under the curve)
3:73 gears (-.2sec) (what about loss of traction...not to mention instead of the top of 3rd, now the middle of 4th with no power)
reprogrammed chip (+5hp) (you are the man if you can just read "reprogrammd chip" and figure out 5 hp...what total timing, A/F ratio, not to mention that gears will show less rwhp on a dyno)

Please...show me these dyno graphs.

Again...since obviously track conditions...elevation..weather has nothing to do with it... :shrug:

CANTONRACER said:
3:73 gears (-.2sec) (what about loss of traction...not to mention instead of the top of 3rd, now the middle of 4th with no power)
reprogrammed chip (+5hp) (you are the man if you can just read "reprogrammd chip" and figure out 5 hp...what total timing, A/F ratio, not to mention that gears will show less rwhp on a dyno)

Again...since obviously track conditions...elevation..weather has nothing to do with it... :shrug:
hahahhaa...weather has nothing to do with it my ass....try racing in 98% humidity. I garan-dam-tee you will add a second to your time. :D

p.s. you should be able to hit a low to mid 15 with only decent driving.

if you have a 99 up manual and cut a 2.1 - 2.2 60ft you should run .5-.6 faster than stock which is 15.5-15.6 so you should be in the 14.9-15.0 range IF you can drive good and the alt and location is not aginst you.

if you have a pre 99 you will shave off .6-.7 off your times and stock running being 16.3 ~ so figure a 15.6-15.8~

CANTONRACER said:

Those are estimates that have been dyno proven (BBK CAI=~9hp in 5.0Mag, ASP Pulley=~7hp+). The dyno's are out there, just look for them. Also, the chip was a guess, and a low one at that. Next time I'll go buy all the parts and dyno them on my own personal $35k dyno so that you can then tell me that dyno's don't really mean anything and the whole thing can start all over. These are realistic guesses and we're talking a couple hp off if anything, nothing that's gonna make a huge difference anyway. Whatever the case may be, everyone else agreed with my times... high 14's with great driving; low 15's for good driving (much more likely for a first time at the track). Oh, and for your stupid sarcastic comment about track conditions, if you read my entire post you would realize that I said "assuming average driving and good track conditions." You really need to settle down and stop whining about a couple hp AND remember to read the entire post.

cai 6rwhp 5twtq~
ud pulley 7rwhp 7rwtq~
exhaust 6rwhp 5rwtq~
chip depends on if you get a REAL chip or a POS mail order (which BLOW) a REAL dyno 5-10rwhp and tq~ depending on mod level

3.73 gears on a 99 up give 2.5 off your times~ on pre 99s like 4.5-5.0 thats what i have seen in my 6-7 years of being on the v6 forums.

elevation and track condition and MANY things come into play and no two dynos will read the same... they are all different you should use them more for a base adn with mod percent gain tool then exactly what you have at the wheels tool.

I love it...this is like someone adding up horsepower from a Summit Racing catalog. But 5.0 Magazine said...are you that naive?

It just seems that so of you forget I actually work part-time at a DYNO and I see the power these parts make. I could not tell you how many guys showup expecting to make 250 rwhp...put down 180...450 rwhp...put down 300...I have seen tests when magazine come out to "test" a part...all the little things they do to get the part they are testing to put out X power.

Why is it that you add up all these parts and my wife's damn near bone stock 99 V6 has a faster ET & MPH? Because some of the **** people do does NOT MAKE 1 RWHP DIFFERENCE...But heh, keep telling yourselves your making X rwhp from each mod...and barely break 15's....and waste your money.

CANTONRACER said:
I love it...this is like someone adding up horsepower from a Summit Racing catalog. But 5.0 Magazine said...are you that naive?.

If I took magazine dyno numbers to be exact truth, I would have said 8.8whp at the peak and as much as 14whp all over the dyno like the dyno said, but I don't. However, I have the exact intake that they dyno'ed and there was a significant (~10hp) boost in power that I noticed after the install. No, I didn't feel ANYTHING when I installed my K&N, so I can't say if there was a gain, but this time, there was, so knowing that it made a difference I guesstimated a rwhp gain.

CANTONRACER said:
It just seems that so of you forget I actually work part-time at a DYNO and I see the power these parts make. I could not tell you how many guys showup expecting to make 250 rwhp...put down 180...450 rwhp...put down 300...I have seen tests when magazine come out to "test" a part...all the little things they do to get the part they are testing to put out X power.

I know how people exaggerate. Tons of people put down way less than they say they have or assume they have. Those are the people who believe it when Superchips claims 25+hp from a stupid mail-order chip and have chip and muffler GT's with "310hp." This is once again, not the case with my estimates. All of my estimates are significantly less than what the company would say and are in line with what people have personally dyno'ed on these and other V6 forums. That is as scientifically accurate as we can be. Observe the gains over and over and take an estimate from that.

CANTONRACER said:
Why is it that you add up all these parts and my wife's damn near bone stock 99 V6 has a faster ET & MPH? Because some of the **** people do does NOT MAKE 1 RWHP DIFFERENCE...But heh, keep telling yourselves your making X rwhp from each mod...and barely break 15's....and waste your money.

Your wife's made better times because of several things:
1) You are a better driver than me. However, just because you can get better times with less mods, doesn't mean I am just going to quit modding.
2)You claimed AWESOME track conditions
3)Your wifes car didn't have 46lb/wheel-tire Bullitt rims

5-SpeedStallion said:
If I took magazine dyno numbers to be exact truth, I would have said 8.8whp at the peak and as much as 14whp all over the dyno like the dyno said, but I don't. However, I have the exact intake that they dyno'ed and there was a significant (~10hp) boost in power that I noticed after the install. No, I didn't feel ANYTHING when I installed my K&N, so I can't say if there was a gain, but this time, there was, so knowing that it made a difference I guesstimated a rwhp gain.

I know how people exaggerate. Tons of people put down way less than they say they have or assume they have. Those are the people who believe it when Superchips claims 25+hp from a stupid mail-order chip and have chip and muffler GT's with "310hp." This is once again, not the case with my estimates. All of my estimates are significantly less than what the company would say and are in line with what people have personally dyno'ed on these and other V6 forums. That is as scientifically accurate as we can be. Observe the gains over and over and take an estimate from that.

Your wife's made better times because of several things:
1) You are a better driver than me. However, just because you can get better times with less mods, doesn't mean I am just going to quit modding.
2)You claimed AWESOME track conditions
3)Your wifes car didn't have 46lb/wheel-tire Bullitt rims
but do you have the nearly 60lb chrome bullit wheels like me :)