Guess my 03 Mach 1's weight...

With me in the car my stang weights 3125 with a 1/4 tank of gas......
How much do you weigh:rolleyes:

My car is an automatic which I am sure adds a little weight, my car weighed in at 3174 without me in it.

No dogbone, no spare, no jack, no truck carpet or board, no rear seat, aftermarket seats in the front, with MAYBE an 1/8th of a tank and a full nitrous bottle

Do you have an aftermarket kmember? I'm curious where you are losing all of this extra weight :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

How much do you weigh:rolleyes:

My car is an automatic which I am sure adds a little weight, my car weighed in at 3174 without me in it.

No dogbone, no spare, no jack, no truck carpet or board, no rear seat, aftermarket seats in the front, with MAYBE an 1/8th of a tank and a full nitrous bottle

Do you have an aftermarket kmember? I'm curious where you are losing all of this extra weight :shrug:

The automatic should be about another 40-50lbs tops.

If that's all he has taken out then something doesn't add up unless it's a GTS model with no power anything and he's running a set of welds on it. A bone stock 99-04 GT is 3250lbs and the 96-98's were a few lbs heavier. He has about 200lbs of weight reduction based on what is listed so either there are things he's not accounting for or he weights about 25lbs.

Bill

The automatic should be about another 40-50lbs tops.

If that's all he has taken out then something doesn't add up unless it's a GTS model with no power anything and he's running a set of welds on it. A bone stock 99-04 GT is 3250lbs and the 96-98's were a few lbs heavier. He has about 200lbs of weight reduction based on what is listed so either there are things he's not accounting for or he weights about 25lbs.

Bill
Where do you guys get this information? I think half the time we say things that are wrong just based on our opinions on the car or part, but at least when I'm just spouting out opinions and presumptions i add "IMO", "I've found" or "I think". If we would all do this I think it would help the mustang community a lot.

The 96 GT is actually the lightest modular V8 mustang Ford has ever made. So while a base '00 might be lighter than a 97 - it's not lighter than all 96-98's.
According to Edmunds:
96: 3077
97: 3288
98: 3227
99/00: 3242
01: 3273
02/03: 3241
04: 3347
05: 3450
06: 3488
07/08/09: 3356

These were all the lowest standard GT available. Weight differs based on what stereo/wheels/ and other options that came in the lowest GT model as in many years buying a GT meant you needed to buy a deluxe or premium. While in earlier years a base GT may have nothing but the drivetrain/foglights/ and spolier different from a base V6.

I'm having a hard time believing the 96 GT weighed in 200 lbs lighter than my car stock vs stock. 200 pounds is ALOT of weight.

I've seen other sites even list 3278 as the weight :shrug: I guess it just depends on which site you are willing to believe, though I don't honestly think a 96 GT will be 200 lbs less than my 98 with the same weight reductions

i can't see a 96 coming in a hair over 3000 lbs from the factory,just my opinion.mine has some reductions and some additions which i think balanced it out pretty much and it was 3380. my lx is only 3000

Where do you guys get this information? I think half the time we say things that are wrong just based on our opinions on the car or part, but at least when I'm just spouting out opinions and presumptions i add "IMO", "I've found" or "I think". If we would all do this I think it would help the mustang community a lot.

The 96 GT is actually the lightest modular V8 mustang Ford has ever made. So while a base '00 might be lighter than a 97 - it's not lighter than all 96-98's.
According to Edmunds:
96: 3077
97: 3288
98: 3227
99/00: 3242
01: 3273
02/03: 3241
04: 3347
05: 3450
06: 3488
07/08/09: 3356

These were all the lowest standard GT available. Weight differs based on what stereo/wheels/ and other options that came in the lowest GT model as in many years buying a GT meant you needed to buy a deluxe or premium. While in earlier years a base GT may have nothing but the drivetrain/foglights/ and spolier different from a base V6.

Years of racing Mustangs and experience is how I got those numbers. Sorry but you can toss out all those edmonds numbers in the trash. You can't seriously compare two cars one with no options versus one with all options that is absured. In 96 they had some GTS (not GTs, GTs since the day they came out were always meant to be higher end V8 models where as the GTS was more like an LX bare bones performance model) models that were basically stripper GT's they were hardly standard they had power anything, wing, etc... However a compareably equipped GT to the 97-98's cars weighed just as much. The weight difference was not 200lbs either more like 125lbs. I've helped build a few different early modulars and base weight was always about 50lbs heavier than the 99+ cars. It's the same car the only difference is the shape of the outer skin and the 99+ cars got a fiberglass decklid instead of the standard steel one in the 96-98 cars and the bumper supports are a few lbs lighter in the 99+ cars. Alot of these parts I've weighed myself and are documented here.

Weight

The only way Edmonds could do a true comparison every year is to compare the exact same model (hardtop, automatic, full power, same amount of fuel in the tank, same wheels) and they don't. The 96-98's are all the same body wise and your average GT weights about 3300lbs, 99-04's are right around 3250lbs and the 05+ are around 3400lbs all comparably equipped.

Bill

Thanks Bill, that makes sense (and i have the weight page bookmarked as well). But they do compare models with the same transmission, all being coups and base models. They don't state that it was a GTS, but maybe it was based on the weight difference. But curb weight specs seem to be universal that most SN95's weigh less. And i used to operate a 80' scale for a petroleum company and my friends and I would often weigh our cars before we went to the track (along with other cars I had weighed for DMV reg.) i rarely - maybe once - across a 99+ that weighed less than mine and I have an auto. Of course this has a lot to do with +/- spare tire and fuel level, but most of us who went to the drags had the same set-up in that regards.