Guess we're not the "Last of the 5.0" anymore..

• Sponsors (?)

I have to disagree, the Boss 302 was never built to cut down the big block muscle cars of its time, it was built for Trans Am track racing. And, how can you say that 370 HP doesn't cut it... did the '03 Cobra's 390 HP not cut it either, not to mention this being a N/A car. Right now, anything >215 would appeal to me. :) In a time where gas prices are skyrocketing by the week, I think Saleen made a bold move to create this car, and I applaud his efforts. Now, I do think that Saleen should also come out with a "bigger" Boss and then let his imagination run wild to entertain the automotive industry, and I would like that just as much as anyone. But 370 HP for this car is awesome, especially after hearing some of the times the '05-'06's are turning stock with 300 HP. Anyone have any idea what the price tag will be? I expect nothing under $45,000 because it is limited edition and all.

I'm just wondering about the name. Notice the title says "Boss 302" Mustang. But where does it say that on the car? I think they should get with the Shinoda family and get that car badged.

have to disagree, the Boss 302 was never built to cut down the big block muscle cars of its time, it was built for Trans Am track racing.

Yeah, that's true...but this one ISN'T built for TrasAm racing, it's build for the street where horsepower is king at the stoplight.

And, how can you say that 370 HP doesn't cut it... did the '03 Cobra's 390 HP not cut it either

The 03 Cobra's power was great, back in 2003. It's now coming onto the 2007 model year...stepping backwards doesn't seem like the right idea to me.

Furthermore, isn't the BOSS supposed to be the uber-bad assed Mustang? Shouldn't it pack more muscle than a Cobra that's four years it's predecessor?

not to mention this being a N/A car

Lame, power is power. Slap an Eaton on that bitch and make 450HP and we'd all be alot happier.

Wasnt the new edge boss they had a v10? I bet that made more than 370hp...

Anyway, we're still the last original 5.0 pushrod...when the motor is known world wide from car geeks to car idiots...that can never be taken away. :nice:.

I'll stick with my pushrods unless u show me a DOHC 4.6...or 5.0 DOHC stroker :drool:

When you think of a saleen mustang gas prices and being economical do not cross your mind. You think of a bad ass stang that you would love to have. What's the point of the upped price tag for a measly 370hp 302? It's a time of technological genius and I personally expect more from this white trash ferrari. BTW this is just my opinion :D

MysteryMachine said:
? haven't seen that one before.

justin i think it says 302 on the side above the black stripe up by the hood but I don't see Boss anywhere

Yeah ... that's what I was referring to. The "Boss" name. And the only way they'll get it is through the Shinoda's.