Guess what I went for a ride in today...

QUICK91LX said:
nice nice nice...how was it? did the driver actually get on it at all to show off the power or was it just a lil cruise?

base C6? no.

Z06? yes, but not by enough to make me want a Corvette over a Mustang

base C6 will walk away from a GT500 in any race according to motor trend
around a track im sure its not even close

• Sponsors (?)

Mags like Car and Driver and Motor Trend and one or two others have test drivers that must be 80 year old ladies. One of those mags, the best they could get out of the Shelby was a 12.9. MM@FF Evan Smith got a 12.25 out of one. I'm sure 11's would be just a tire swap away, or something very minor.

04DarkShadowGT said:
The Z06 will annialate the Shelby in every aspect. The Shelby weights almost 1000lbs more. The Z06 is barely over 3000lbs and the Shelby is 4000.

I really wouldnt be suprised if the Shelby isnt much faster than the C6 or even 04 Cobra.

Yep. For 500hp, the shelby is a slow car IMO. 100 more hp and torque to match, its only a few tenths faster than an 03/04, and its selling for double the price. All because of stupid weight. Whats the point in putting a 500hp engine in a tank and calling it a fast car? 12.2's are alot faster than mine, but damn. With that power it *should* be in the 11's no prob.

SaleenGT2001 said:
Quote:
Stangsgrl said:
Quote:
wow 4000? they're gettin heavier! Yea..........I'd rather have a Z06...the '06 Z06 is just amazing (looks & power).

Either way...bet the ride was fun! I'm sure there'll be one at Mustang Week in two weeks for us to outrun.
fixed

Haha...it'd be esp sweet if one was there for the track night. bf would beat one as an '03 GT n/a.

02LaserRed2V said:
I wouldnt pay any attention to what Motortrend says. Dont forget this is the same mag that says an sti will beat an 03/04 Cobra in the 1/4. This mag also timed an 01 GT vert to 15.1 in the 1/4.

That was Hotrod magazine where the STi Beat the Cobra. But they said they have lots of trouble with traction, and that the trap speeds showed it.

And the 01 GT vert was an auto with the Mach 1000 right?
^I remember someone correcting me on this, but I can't recall.

if the shelby is anything like the terminator, then they are underrated from the factory, and a simple pulley swap, exhaust upgrade, gear swap, and retune will have it smokin pretty much anything, including the Z06. it'll be much easier/cheaper to mod these cars than a new LS7. add that to some slicks or even sticky street tires and the vette wont stand a chance. where did 80k come from? last i read, it was between 60k-70k?

They arent underrated due to the new scaling system. Its putting down about exactly what the Z06 vette is..that means a pullied terminator @ 440 would beat the GT500.

the GT500 will need to gain around 100RWHP to beat the Z06. As of right now its about as quick as a stock C6 vette...hehe even a 03 Z06 would give it an even run. Thats ashame, chevy is always outdoing Ford. :nonono:

hotmustang331 said:
They arent underrated due to the new scaling system. Its putting down about exactly what the Z06 vette is..that means a pullied terminator @ 440 would beat the GT500.

the GT500 will need to gain around 100RWHP to beat the Z06. As of right now its about as quick as a stock C6 vette...hehe even a 03 Z06 would give it an even run. Thats ashame, chevy is always outdoing Ford. :nonono:

stfu n00b! :mad:

:jester: Just bustin your bawls... damn chebby's :(