Guess who has 3 pedals!!

spook

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2002
Woot. Tonight part 1 of the T-5 swap was completed. I got the pedal assembly all swapped over, and it's ready for phase 2, starting Saturday morning.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

A4LD is gonna = :owned:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

How long did it take you? Did you relocate the speedo cable okay? Took me about 5 hours plus a little time the next day to mess with the brakelight switch. Definitely the hardest (procedurally) part of the swap!

Ash

Asha'man said:
How long did it take you? Did you relocate the speedo cable okay? Took me about 5 hours plus a little time the next day to mess with the brakelight switch. Definitely the hardest (procedurally) part of the swap!

Ash

Speedo cable? Huh? Umm I'm not sure I even messed with that, but I think my speedo works, so hopefully I'm okay.

It took me about 2 hours Wednesday night, until I realized I needed to go buy an 18mm socket to get the steering wheel out, then last night about 3 hours. The teardown was a bit of a pain, but after everything was out of the way, putting it all back together only took about 20 minutes. I still need to get the dash back together; I left about 3 pieces off around the steering column so I could clean it today while it was apart. I thought the little yellow plunger was the brakelight switch at first, but then I found the actual switch dangling and attached it. This was my first real mod. Usually, my dad and I split the work pretty evenly, but since only I could fit under the dash, it was all on me. I actually enjoyed it.

Well it's about 330 Sunday afternoon and the swap is still not complete. My dad's been dragging his feet big time, so we only put in about 3 hours of work yesterday. So far we have the pedals in, the A4LD out, and the shifter out. Now we're struggling to find parts for the hydraulic clutch, and I think we might just switch to cable. I'll keep you guys updated. :(

Wait don't tell me the freaking bellhousings are different. We decided today to go cable, because today at work my dad found a manual mustang out in the yard. The only reason we were going hydraulic in the first place is because that's what we had from the Turbocoupe. So hopefully by the end of the week, we''ll have everything needed for a cable setup and I can finish this weekend.