Guy Food, Mustang

You thought that was a personal attack? That was just my assesment of your general outlook on the subject. There's a difference between having an opinion of your own, and showing a lack of respect for someone else’s. You don't need to like the SN95 body style, but you also don't have to go out of your way to make those of us that do, feel insignificant because of it. You had a bit of a condescending attitude that needed addressing, so I addressed it for you. ;)

Otherwise, I have nothing against you, or your Fox.

Not attacking but, isnt that exactly what you did, went after him and showed him no respect for his opinion? Not to mention his was a one sentence line, which to me looked more like some ball busting if anything. For being a moderator that was quite the harsh assessment of another member, but I guess even being a moderator we are all human and can say what we want? :shrug:

Oh well, I don't eat in either car. Never been a fan of having food in vehicles and don't even like picking food up with the cars.

• Sponsors (?)

Not attacking but, isnt that exactly what you did, went after him and showed him no respect for his opinion? Not to mention his was a one sentence line, which to me looked more like some ball busting if anything. For being a moderator that was quite the harsh assessment of another member, but I guess even being a moderator we are all human and can say what we want? :shrug:

I agree, but it doesn't matter. While it is my opinion, it was strictly ball busting, as usual, but I think some people don't understand or appreciate my personality. Oh well. I don't even know how we got on the subject, but I'm too lazy to go back and look.

Oh well, I don't eat in either car. Never been a fan of having food in vehicles and don't even like picking food up with the cars.

Meh...perhaps I was a little harsh in my reply. But to be fair, he was the one being the smart ass. I just happened to have more to say in my reply that just a one line jab and chose to take it to the next level. Regardless, I should have known better than to do that, (especially considering my possition) so blackened88lx and yourself have my sincere apologies. :cheers:

I didn't intend for this thread to turn into a pissing match. I was just putting in my .02 for the SN95 crowd (which as far as I'm concerned is a pretty neutral opinion considering I've previously owned a fox and driven SN95's and currently don't own either :shrug: ).

1. I don't like eating in my car. About all that goes on somtimes is coffee in my Ford Racing mug on my way to class/work.

2. I've had girlfriends that absolutely hated my car. Notice I said "had". You don't gotta help me turn wrenches on the most important girl in my life, but if you wanna vie for her title, you gotta get along with her. And no complaining when I take you to the show with the T-tops off because it blows your hair around. Wear a hair tie.

3. SN-95s can be BAMFs, FOX cars can be BAMFs. Don't forget that for 2 years they shared the same drivetrain.

4. Hey, MM&FF just built that 600HP stock block turbo motor. With the right parts and tune its do-able, but I dunno if I'd personally risk it, haha.

Ya, lets say for about a cup. in bowl put in 3 T worchestershire
3T maple syrup
3T ketchup
3 T soy
2T oil
this is fast and you usually have these on hand...apply last half hour or broil it on at last minute till it carmelizes...there are a zillion recipes out there but this one is my ol standbys just remember about 3 of every thing.......you can always add hot sauce my favorite is colorado smokey serrano...by Boulder.
In "Brats on the Border," I use powdered dry porcini mushrooms in the sauce, I am all about the shrooms.

That seems a little more western NC. I'm looking for eastern NC sauces like this one.
Uncle Hos Most Decidedly Eastern Finishing Sauce Ingredients
16 oz Apple cider vinegar 1 ts Ground cayenne pepper
1 tb Red pepper flakes 1/2 ts Black pepper
1 1/2 tb Phu Quoc brand nuoc mam

Instructions for Uncle Hos Most Decidedly Eastern Finishing Sauce
Heres a recipe that attempts to duplicate the nations original barbeque finishing sauce, the one developed in colonial Virginia and North Carolina during the 1600s and 1700s. I went to the Lexington North Carolina Barbeque Festival last weekend, and I have recipes published in the local paper that Ill post soon, as well as some words on an excellent book on North Carolina barbeque I bought down there called "North Carolina Barbecue--Flavored By Time", by Bob Garner. It does an excellent job of making up for the near total omission of North Carolina barbeque in the otherwise excellent book "Smokestack Lightning", IMHO. Enjoy the recipe. It may seem strange at first glance, but it is pretty good. As a long time afficianado of Eastern North Carolina style barbeque, I have been intrigued by the origins of the vinegar/red pepper sauce used by the pit masters in that region. It is unique among all barbeque finishing or dipping sauces in that in contains no tomato extracts--owing to the fact that, at the time of its origins in the 1600s and 1700s, tomatoes were thought to be posionous. What was used instead was "English Ketchup", a concoction containing cider vinegar, red peppers, spices, and oysters. This basic blend is in use to this day with one notable exception--the oysters have been discarded. Well, I got to wondering what that original barbeque might have tasted like, seasoned with the English Ketchup of the time. Having no reference and no clue as to how oysters were incorporated into the original mix, I instead decided to substitute nuoc mam--a Vietnamese fish sauce made from fish extract, water, and salt. While I cannot say this is an exact replication of the nations original barbeque finishing and dipping sauce, it is in all likelihood a pretty decent semblance of what our colonial ancestors seasoned their barbeque with. In addition, its also pretty damn tasty, IMHO--complementing, rather than masking, the smoky rich sweetness of slow cooked barbeque. Simply combine all ingredients, and let alone to marry for one or two days before using. If you use it as a finishing sauce, add about 12 ounces of the sauce to roughly three pounds of smoked and pulled pork barbeque in a cast iron pan, add water to cover, and simmer on medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce *just* barely oozes over the barbeque when pressed down upon with a spatula. Or, just mix with smoked and pulled pork barbeque before serving if using as a dip. Recipe By : Tom Solomon Posted to bbq-digest V4 #21 Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 08:28:20 -0800 (PST) From: Tom Solomon NOTES : It is very important to use authentic Vietnamese nuoc mam in this recipe--that is, a nuoc mam made in Vietnam, with Phu Quoc brand being considered the best brand widely available. Nuoc mam made in Thailand tends to be too coarse and salty in taste to blend well with the other ingredients, and thus produces too much of a pronounced fish and salt taste to suit fine barbeque.

On the finishing sauce, the acid from the nam sauce lifts too much iron off the pan, it should be added last in a vessel non reactive. Wood is big in NC, one must not forget how the smoke from wood is essential , however the keosote can over burden everything.
For Grouper, you really don't want to live off of it...well yes you do and for good reason,it is wonderful...I love it......however we f------ up the water and with the natural occuring heavy metals in the food chain grouper is one of those tastey treats you take in moderation. However, Broiled grouper with lemon butter on pasta tossed with spinach and piave cheese rules. garlic toast tooo.

On the finishing sauce, the acid from the nam sauce lifts too much iron off the pan, it should be added last in a vessel non reactive. Wood is big in NC, one must not forget how the smoke from wood is essential , however the keosote can over burden everything.
For Grouper, you really don't want to live off of it...well yes you do and for good reason,it is wonderful...I love it......however we f------ up the water and with the natural occuring heavy metals in the food chain grouper is one of those tastey treats you take in moderation. However, Broiled grouper with lemon butter on pasta tossed with spinach and piave cheese rules. garlic toast tooo.

garlic toast OWNS