guys who have installed autometer gauges

mcvey90

Founding Member
Jan 24, 2002
B TOWN
I got some new autometers that need to be installed here shortly. I have a few questions.

you get the sending unit with the gauge, but I don't quite understand how this all comes together.

do you run wires to the new sending unit, than tie that sending unit into the stock one or what.

cuz I know the sending unit I got with the oil pressure gauge is way to big to fit where the stock one is at.

I need a serious walkthrough on this stuff guys.
HELP!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Yes you have to run new wires from the sending unit to the gauge. I got a t-fitting from home depot so that I could hook up both the autometer guage and the stock guage. So just run the wire coming from the guage to the sending unit, find power, and find a ground. That's it. It's really not as hard as some may think.

Chris

5.0GT said:
Yes you have to run new wires from the sending unit to the gauge. I got a t-fitting from home depot so that I could hook up both the autometer guage and the stock guage. So just run the wire coming from the guage to the sending unit, find power, and find a ground. That's it. It's really not as hard as some may think.

Chris
:hail2: Right on Chris!! :nice: