guys with 04 gt 5spds any problems since u had the car?

maxima

Oct 5, 2004
guys with 04 gt 5spds any problems since u had the car? please help

i baught my 04 gt in feb as a left over brand new... at about 1100 miles the car developed a creek when i turn the wheel to the left and right, more so when i turn left.. took to ford they couldnt figure it out. took it back again they said it was fixed three days later creek is back again. they changed the tie rod end on the right side that didnt do a thing besides cause i slight squeek every so often going over bumps. than they changed some ball joint and it went away again and now its back.. i asked a few freinds of mine to look at the car and they say its the steering rack not fully tight or the steering rack joints, because when i turn the wheel from under the car u see the steering rack move and i dont think its sapose to.. has anyone had this prob and had it fixed from ford and could tell me exactley what it is?? the other thing is when i rev the moter in neutral i get a whine noise when i push the clutch in than rev the moter in neutral the whine isnt there.. i think its normal because ive listened to other stangs and the whine is there but not as loud.. guys with 04s please help me out...

• Sponsors (?)

MGSTANG said:
I haven't had a noise from the front. I got noise in the back, but I think it's from my suspension. I don't have a whine in neutral. But my AC compressor makes a loud click when it turns on. TO me, louder than it should be.
when u rev it in neutral u dont have a whine at all? the bad part i only have 3800 miles on my car

I haven't had the "creek" but do have what you call the "whine".. When the clutch pedal is out (engaged) noise, when in (disengaged) nothing. For me it's been more of a sqeaking, and I've been told that it is most likely the throw out bearing. I have yet to take it in.

I also have that exact same sound when turning left or right on driving over speed bumps. FORD still couldnt figure it out. :bang: Most stang owners have that noise in the front. I'm so surprised. I think we need to sue someone :rolleyes:

east_sidaz40 said:
I also have that exact same sound when turning left or right on driving over speed bumps. FORD still couldnt figure it out. :bang: Most stang owners have that noise in the front. I'm so surprised. I think we need to sue someone :rolleyes:
the creek is when im at a dead stop or moving i hear it alotmore when im at a dead stop and just turn the wheel. its a creek.. the squeek is when i go over bumps that i have no idea what it is... something from the suspension :shrug: :bang:

Chili said:
I haven't had the "creek" but do have what you call the "whine".. When the clutch pedal is out (engaged) noise, when in (disengaged) nothing. For me it's been more of a sqeaking, and I've been told that it is most likely the throw out bearing. I have yet to take it in.
i took it into the dealer for that, i told them to change the throw out bearing and so they said they did, and the whine is still there.. but everyone says its still the throw out bearing

I've had my 2004 GT 5 speed for about seven months now, and I LOVE it.

But, I developed the steering wheel creeking noise at around 1,000 miles also. I hear its common in alot of the 04 Mustangs. Everytime I turn the wheel left or right I get a really bad creeking noise. Ive been out in public and everyone asks me what the noise is (its very loud, and can be heard from yards away). So I am going to take it to Ford and ask them to fix it. Everybody who I know who has got it fixed said the noise came back only a few thousand miles.

Under heavy acceleration I also get a whine. But I think its from my K&N Air Filter sucking up more air.

No creaks in the steering and I dont recal any noticable or loud noise when going over speed bumps. And I also have the noise in neutral and the clutch out, but its very light and can only hear it at idle...I think because anything higher than idle, the egine/exhaust drowns it out. And I have around 24K. I do have some rattles in the car when going down dirt or simular roads. The car is pretty tight though for 24K. And I also LOVE my car! I thank God I have it.

I heard polyurethane bushings eliminate the squeek. I have the whine too. I think its just the clutch spinning when in neutral. For some reason you hear it. No big deal.

Oh yeah, the only other problem I had was when I turned on the AC the engine would bog so much that sometimes it would stall. I took it to Ford and they couldn't duplicate the problem. However, it doesn't do it anymore. :shrug:

I have the whine in nuetral too.

I've had it since new. Easiest way to hear it is park your car next to a wall on the drivers side. Rev the engine in nuetral with the clutch out. It makes a whine. push the clutch in and it's gone.

It kinda of sounds like what I had on my 2000 GT. It took many trips to the dealer to figure it out. It was the Engine Cradle Bolt was loose. If I can remember, i thought there was a TSB on this. Thats how they found it. I haven't had the noise come back since.

Bought a new '04 GT. Had the front end noise. One Dealer wanted to change out the whole rackand pinion; second dealer wanted to take rack and pinion apart and "go from there." Had my local mechanic spray the steering bushings and the noise is gone.