Guys with 18"s - need your opinions

• Sponsors (?)

Firemanz said:
265/35's and at least 295/35's........:nice:

Pics in sig.

That is one sweet lookin car FiremanZ :nice:

I have seen that thing before on here. Your ride = :hail2:

Question for you...Are you running a Drag Radial with that 295 out back or is it regular street tread? Just wanting to know the maximum width i can go out back before having to run a DR on my daily driver :eek: Would be the look on my face, after the tread was gone 6 months later...

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
cool man. That is something I could have my SCT tuner programmed for though huh? Been thinking about getting another file to try out from them anyways :D
Since you have an aftermarket chip, bingo, 285/35 would be just fine with some minor adjusting.

4.6_02_Black_GT said:
I run 275/35/18 on all four corners. Some tracking. Also just a little rub in a full lock turns up front.

Thanks for the info. I not too worried about rubbing in full lock turns. To be honest i dont really ever do that. Have had a couple of 5.0 liters and im just so used to busting out the quick three point turns its just habit now. Used to the not good turning radius i guess :rlaugh:

That is good info though. Thanks man :nice:

03-s281 said:
You can go 275's up front but the car will track bad in ruts. I personally
wouldnt go wider than 265 up front.

not in my experince...

I had 255/45-17 on 17x9's on the front and when I switched to 275/40-17 the 'tracking' was much, much less of a problem...it's all about the proper size tire/wheel package...

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
Okay, one last thing...

Who knows if the Nitto DR's 305/35/18's will fit on that 18X10" rim?

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?sw=false&ar=35&pc=40231&cs=305&rd=18

Also, if they fit..dont they run a bit more narrow than the BFG DR's? Like the equivalent of that would be the BFG's DR 295/35/18? <---I do know FiremanZ is running that...are his rims 18X10 our 10.5 out back? :scratch:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?sw=false&ar=35&pc=38843&cs=295&rd=18
305/35/18 is too tall in my opinion.. its well over 26" compared to the stock height of 25.7". Look for a 305/30/18 or 315/30 if you want even wider than a 295.

redlined50 said:
i have the stock 245's in the front and i get tracking even with the origional rim/tire combo. Is there anything you guys have done to help with the tracking?
You could put some 195/65/15's in front... kidding

some tracking is part of having a performance car. I have 265/35/18 up front and i have no idea why everyone on this forum complains about tracking. just keep you hand(s) on the wheel. I never notice it personally unless the road has some major imperfection.

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
That is one sweet lookin car FiremanZ :nice:

I have seen that thing before on here. Your ride = :hail2:

Question for you...Are you running a Drag Radial with that 295 out back or is it regular street tread? Just wanting to know the maximum width i can go out back before having to run a DR on my daily driver
Thanks man. The rim out back is a 10" rim with regular BFG G-Force TA's. I plan on getting some BFG 315/30 DR's when these are gone. I already talked to discount tire here in S.A. and they told me the tires will fit just fine. I am going to make sure my quad shocks won't be rubbing though.

The Nittos do run smaller than other tires so a 305 Nitto would be the equivalent of a 295 BFG. I'm going with the BFG for the size and they're a bit cheaper than the Nitto 305's....altough they will wear faster due to the type of compound they use. My car only gets driven about 330 miles a month though..... :nice:

Lawrence

I got a pretty good deal on my replicas from OE Wheels in Florida. 1150 for 18x9 Black Bullitts with Sumitho 245 40,s(whatever) tires. Only problem is that the lip of the rims stick out from tires which can cause a lot of curb side damage. So i am looking for wider tires now maybe some GS D3,s.

wms004 said:
265/35 front and 285/35 rear would be perfect. 295/35 out back has rubbing issues when you are lowered especially with bfg's. Just know that 285/35 will effect your speedo slightly

-wade
that is exactly what i have and i think they are just right.
lowered 2"
18x9 fr500s

pic5.jpg

Attachments

• pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 64