Guys with Mac Prochambers

03_TrueBlue_GT

May 5, 2010
Houston, Tx
Well I got rid of my upr o/r x pipe and now I'm trying to figure out what to get next. I was thinking about a Mac Prochamber H pipe because I heard a lot of good vids on Youtube but I want to know what people think about the Prochamber and those who run it on their car.

Will it be super annoying like the X pipe was when just cruising around town? Like will it have that loud rasp when it gets up to 2000-2200 rpm? Will the drone be very unbearable like at 65mph and 70mph? *I have 3.73 gears*:(

Also will it be sooo loud its like saying "Hey pull me over!" to the kind people in blue? Although I was never pulled over with the X pipe in the 4 months I had it on...:rolleyes:

Thanks for any help guys, any help will be appreciated as usual and help me feel better about putting down 279 big ones on it!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Well I got rid of my upr o/r x pipe and now I'm trying to figure out what to get next. I was thinking about a Mac Prochamber H pipe because I heard a lot of good vids on Youtube but I want to know what people think about the Prochamber and those who run it on their car.

Will it be super annoying like the X pipe was when just cruising around town? Like will it have that loud rasp when it gets up to 2000-2200 rpm? Will the drone be very unbearable like at 65mph and 70mph? *I have 3.73 gears*:(

Also will it be sooo loud its like saying "Hey pull me over!" to the kind people in blue? Although I was never pulled over with the X pipe in the 4 months I had it on...:rolleyes:

Thanks for any help guys, any help will be appreciated as usual and help me feel better about putting down 279 big ones on it!:nice:

To give you a better answer, what catback are you running?

Its been my experience that Prochambers do not pair well with straight through mufflers. If you have chambered mufflers such as Flow 40's, magnaflows I'd say go for the prochamber and don't look back, but if you're running say a LM1/2 or Magnapacks I'd stay away from the prochamber as this pair will still give you rasp that you want to avoid.

-Edit- Well duh I didn't notice your sig had what you're running, Flow 40's and Prochambers sound AWESOME together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBt5xs7lF20

My experience with my prochamber was this... great ballsy rumble at wot and going through gears, better low end torque, but quiet as he'll at idle or cruising speed...not sure if your car will be as quiet if you don't have long tubes but my car was really quiet with my prochamber...the sound was awesome though when audible...very throaty with no rasp to it..

When I switched back to a standard mac h pipe I got the same throaty tone but the growl came back at idle and cruising speed...I liked the prochamber but I like hearing my car when im just cruising better...hope that helps

I went from the MAC O/R H to the O/R Prochamber. Im not entirely sure if I prefer the prochamber over the H. Like nightshifter said, the prochamber is pretty quiet compared to other O/R mid-pipes. It is pretty quiet at idle and cruising. The drone is unbearable but I think my catback has more to do with that than the prochamber. However, from 2200+ it sounds awesome and at WOT it just screams.

I had a prochamber with both slowmasters and magnaflows. It was very quiet. Had a pretty good tone at WOT with both. N/a the slowmasters sounded better. But on spray, the magnaflows sounded awesome.

But neither compare to the o/r X with spintechs. sounds so much better now.

Hmm thanks for the responses guys, keep em coming. With the prochamber will it be better than the stock midpipe in sound? I know it will be louder but how much louder compared to the stock H? I feel like Im not driving a Mustang when I'm in my car right now bc its so quiet inside the car, but when I let a buddy drive it, it sounds nice. Is that what it will be like with the Pro. Sorry for so many questions but I dont want to waste 270 bucks, because I dont get to spend much $ as it is for the car until its paid off.

I LOVE my Prochamber.

I have an offroad one paired up with 2-chamber Flowmasters, and it sounds great. It has ZERO drone, very quiet on the highway. It is also pretty quiet overall. It's pretty easy to sneak around relatively quietly if need be. I really like it for the deep tone it has down low. It is a noticeable amount quieter than an H or X pipe, but it is a LOT louder than the stock midpipe.

Here's a video I shot recently with the cams at idle. Cams Video - YouTube

When I get my car back together, I PROMISE to get a nice all-around video of the Prochamber, with all different types of driving conditions so that people can get a good idea of what it sounds like.

I've had a pro-chamber on both my cars; my 93 & 98.

On my 93 it was pro-chamber with SLP LM1. It was loud, raspy, and you'd certainly be attracting attention. That said, it certainly droned MUCH less than my 98 with pro-chamber and MAC cat-back.

I'm trying to find vid's of my 93....I'll post back if I find 'em.

My current set up is Mac longtubes with Mac Prochamber and Flowmaster series 40's (dumped behind the rear axle). I like it, sounds nice at idle, and you can definitely hear it at stop lights. Everybody I know hears me coming, makes it so hard to sneak up on someone. But, everybody also says it sounds sick. A few of my female passengers have asked for rides just from the vibration...lol Although that might have more to do with the dumps behind the axle than anything. Either way, I ain't complaining!:nice:

Hello there. I went from a o/r Prochamber to a O/R H on 1997 GT.

Best choice i ever made, but i loved the way the o/r prochamber sounded. It was an exotic smooth sound. It just wasn't very loud at all. The volume was similar to a Aftermarket Catted H pipe. But still the noise it made was :eek::eek: :jaw: drop dead addicting. The 2500 rpm was just singing a tone you had to hear every 2 seconds while driving.

If you want something quieter than what you currently have with NO annoying BLATTT then yes get the prochamber.