Guys with SVO calipers on a fox need some input

Jul 11, 2007
How does the pedal feel with SVO fronts and a 93 cobra MC with a stock non cobra Booster, Now its stiff but im fine with that I am wondering how much more stiff the pedal will be with 73MM pistons.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It wouldn't be stiff, the pedal would get softer.

When you increase the slave piston area (calipers) while keeping the master cylinder area the same, the pedal effort decreases due to an increase in mechanical advantage.

I assume you have t-bird rear disks? If so the reason for the stiff pedal is not running the proper cobra booster which would give you more braking assist with the rear disks. Underboosting it would give a firmer pedal and require more force.

Changing to 73mm fronts may require increasing MC size to the 1 1/16" MC, however if you keep the stock booster, you might be fine with the 1" MC and 73's. You kinda gotta try it and see how it feels. But you are in the ballpark. Just might require some tweaking

Try it and see how it feels, but be prepared for some parts swapping as you try to dial it in right.

Why I tend to recommend sticking to oem matched setups. Mixing and machining brake setups tends to lead to "chasing" the right pedal feel sometimes

On my LX I have 73mm front calipers, Cobra master cylinder, solid caliper bushings and stainless hoses. The pedal effort is just slightly firmer than it was stock. The car stops great. A very worthwhile upgrade.

On my LX I have 73mm front calipers, Cobra master cylinder, solid caliper bushings and stainless hoses. The pedal effort is just slightly firmer than it was stock. The car stops great. A very worthwhile upgrade.

Sounds good, I have the stainless lines already, I think ima go with it. I have a friend that has a ton of money in his drivetrain and his brakes are still painfully stock I keep givin him crap on how his may be a lot faster but at least mine stops LOL