H/C/I swap..Need help on other mods & buys

Mike you got a good looking GT, I just checked out your site. Have you Dynoed your stang? I bet you are making low-mid 300RWHP and you have the chassis set up too 3.73s tranny shpould I go through your listed mods???, and your running mid to low 12's. Look at your own time slip!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I am no where close to 300 rwhp.....no where close. Maybe 260-270. Yes my chassis is setup. Yes i run slicks at the track. But why have a car with good power and then not be able to get that power to the ground....thats stupid.....why not use slicks or Drag radials.

I drive my car on the street everyday...I dont run 11s yet... And i dont have 300 rwhp.

Sorry I was thinking FWHP, MY Mistake. I am allowed one right??

Bottom line is to make a car run in the 11's you need a lot more than motor. You need a car capable of it. You can not run 11's on 300hp in a street mustang. Weight and Chassis being two major problems.

And to answer your question. Because I Drive and race on the street just like almost everyone else on here. My car ran a 12.14 street legal. Thats 245/50/16 firehawks and full exaust. If you ran across me on the street there would not be a race. You would never see anything but tail lights. And on track, well give me some slicks and my car will run low 11's on Motor only.

:owned:

Thats nice that your car is faster. There are alot of cars that are faster than mine...so what. That is not the topic.

WITH TRACTION (slicks) a 3200 street car is capable of 11s with minor suspension mods, good driver, good tranny.

Thats all i was saying. It does not take much to get an 11s slip.

300 rwhp..3200 pounds or less....SLICKS....HIGH 11s

Its a fact that a car with minor suspension mods and traction will go high 11s with 300 rwhp. SORRY.

I like geting the last word in so I will say again. Mike has a quick car a lot of mods both to chassis and engine, and he has not hit 11's yet with slicks. Can it be done, of course. But it takes a lot of work and $$. You can not go 11's with minor mods. Depending on your race track, there is safety mods that start coming into play when you hit 11's thats how serious they take cars that go that fast. Be realistic and build a safe fast car. Look at you budget and spend wisely. Good LUCK

NEVER ONCE DID I SAY THAT ALOT OF WORK WASNT NEEDED.

But when it is all said and done....and your car will hook and is 3200 or less...it will go 11s if you can drive..

I am done talking about this because i have seen first hand that this is possible and I will argue with you no longer. Its unfortunate that you dissagree with me about this but maybe someday you will run across a car that defies what you believe to be true... it happened to me a few years ago. :nice:

Look back Mike between this thread and the PM's I have said it is possible to go 11's on 300hp a few times just not easily or cheaply, that translates into not a minor mod!!! Of course with all your many years of experience racing...what is that 5-6years, you are the expert. Realiability and Safety are Major issues with a street car.

hhehehehhehe....did i ever say i was expert....You are the one who TRYING to sound like one....

Listen, we both have our opinions. And we have expressed them.

Just because i am not 40 years old and have not been drag racing for 20 years does not mean that i dont know A LITTLE bit about getting cars to go fast.

Anyway i am done arguing with you

to run mid 11's with a good reaction time your stang would have to weigh around 2300lbs with the driver in it and have 300rwhp. low 11's your car would need to weigh 2000lbs 125mph trap with driver. I will say 13's definetly, and low 12's but 11's are pushing it.

I'm just not seeing it unless your car is just a motor and frame with no body.

latham83 said:
are u serious?? only 270 to the wheels..holy ****..and its suppose to run 12's?
it only takes 270 to runs 12's lol..

I think that 12's thing is if you have a light car, a manual tranny, are a great driver, put in rear end gears, electric fan, pulleys, and a suspension set up. I wouldn't expect to slap some heads on and run 12's. He's just saying if you have run out of all the bolt ons to then the heads will get you into the 12's. But I could be wrong, who knows.

Actually I am not 40 either, and as far as being an expert, experience gets you there, what I know is that you should not try to BS somebody by saying it does not take much to get into the 11's. A 2003 cobra making 390hp runs 12.9 @ 111 mph. Easy enough to get into 11's there, slicks and gears. Oh yeah and a driveshaft loop, and a scatter sheild, and a fire suit and a 5-point harness, lets see thats not the case with all tracks but it sure would be easy. Or there is the 405hp Z06 vette 12.7 @ 112. I am not an expert but obviosly you got some learning to do. It can be done, it can NOT be done easy with just minor mods!!!

THE END!!!!

from the looks of your avatar your the one who's smoking something, to come up with these pc racing times. You need to race your car for real and stop the desktop dyno/dragstrip. A stock stang has around 190-200rwhp and runs around low 15's, now your telling me by adding an extra 100hp your going to drop your et over 3.5 seconds thats just a load of crap man.

My car runs low 11's and has well over 400rwhp and your telling me a 300rwhp car can do the same thats just total bs