h/c/i

• Sponsors (?)

slow5poh said:
is and e-cam, gt40 heads, and cobra intake enough to keep up with stock ls1's?

:shrug:

doubt it. it would be nice if it did considering i just ordered that cam and the heads are in my closet:D. im dropping the heads of at the machine shop tomorrow so i should be good for next weekend :banana: .

i'm from cali. How the hell are the smog techs gonna know what cam you're running? Give them the carb certs for an e cam, and run whatever the hell you want, so long as you pass smog.

that setup is similiar to the 93-95 cobra setup or an explorer block setup, which i'm finishin. you should be good for 250-270ish in the horsepower. Should be enough to challenge an lt1, but I wouldn't be taking on any ls1's anytime soon.

slow5poh said:
that sucks ass, cause no other cam is street legal here in ca, and i dont wanna run forced induction.............

i could be wrong. it might be closer than i think. im just going by what happened when i lined up next to one at the track. what do the run stock. iirc he did a 12.9@ 112 with a 1.9 60'. does that sound like a stock ls1?

Thats pretty average. I've seen LS1s run mid 13's to mid 12's stock or with just mild bolt ons. A good driver could probably shave a few tenths of that as well. LS1's trap high though

if you are a skilled driver, you might have an ls1 off the line if he sucks. ls1's are kinda hard to launch without spinning the tires off. an e-cam, intake, and those heads with a fresh tune and some sticky tires and you have got a dam good shot at it...or at least staying ahead of his blind spot anyway.ls1's always get crazy high mph's while the ET's are off probobly from bad launches.